Ladies Camera Club

20 Jul 2010

Day 2 - less Bananas, but still Bananas!

Day two at the Summer Crafting event was not as heavy as day one. Buts that's always the way at weekend events. We still loved it and we still had just as much as a successful day. Plus, Sunday shoppers are less frenzied but are equally as nice.

I focused on demonstrating the Aquamarkers. They are a brilliant and diverse set of pens. So much so that I am going to do a video on how to make use of their versatility. They are so juicy and bright and by bright I also mean colourfast. Great for water colours and mixing and diluting that, in the end, a pack of 12 colours can work out to be over 500 colours if you mix and dilute and tone to suit. Now that's what I call versatility alone!

Here is one of the tags I had on display to demonstrate what great backgrounds you can achieve with them.
I am selling what little I have left on my website, HERE. The RRP is £17.50 but I'm going to sell them for £15 per pack plus actual P&P costs (ie I don't get rich off the postal costs!). You might want to wait for the video or you can trust me when I say how much a difference to your crafting these will make and watch it later. I will say that they are NOT like Promarkers (same company, different pen) as these provide a more subtle tone as opposed to an intense delivery of ink like the Promarkers.

After the event and a bit of retail therapy for myself (hello? it would have been rude not to!) I went to stay in a hotel that I had booked at laterooms.com. I never buy a hotel room direct or at the hotel itself. If you can, always go through laterooms.com to book a hotel; Im glad I did. I stopped at Orton Hall (Best Western at Peterborough) from a cracking price of £40 instead of £140! Its a stunning hotel, built in 1084 and had turrets and battlements too. I was a total princess for the night! I took a picture of my tee (but not at the top of the turret!) that people kept asking me about at the show. I got this for a steal at Asda for £8. Go get one quick as they are a brilliant design and fit!

As one does in a hotel room, you abuse the free note book and pen. I can't resist writing on clean, fresh pages. I even left a note for the cleaners saying thanks a lot!

Anyway, I have to get off as I have one hundred bazillion Cd's to mail after the welcomed arrival of "Call of the Wild" on Create and Craft yesterday. Nigel May is, by far, one of the most craft attuned presenters at Ideal World (aside from Leonie) and he made the show an absolute delight. If you watched it, you will have heard the sound department having a ball with the CD which was totally unplanned but such a great addition to the show. Suffice to say they whole lot sold out on Create and Craft yesterday which is a great compliment to the entire production of the show. So thanks for watching, especially Kate, Barbara and Boo who sent in emails :)

PS: The winner of the Ribbon Stash from Fantastic Ribbons is Collette Hopkin. Fantastic Ribbons selected the winner at random so well done, Collette :)

11 comments:

angie's blogspot said...

got one of those tees, down to £6 now, £5.40 with staff discount = bargain, lol xxx

Andrea said...

I saw you on Sunday at the summer crafting show, what you were doing was fantastic, I did not have chance to say hello as you were very busy, I would have liked to as I also design for Crafts Beautiful and have admired your work for a long time, maybe next time!!
carl.andrea1@btinternet.com

Anonymous said...

oooh-im thinking we need to stock these pens at work...tag looks fab,btw
love to the curlygirl
Lulubelle x

Colette said...

Ooh I am so excited to have won, I can't wait to get my hands on all that lovely ribbon,

Thanks Colette x.

Sue said...

Well done Colette.

Fab Tag. So glad the show went well.

Fiona said...

Saw most of your show on C & C until the phone rang! Lovely.
Fab T-shirt from Asbo too.

xx

Boo said...

LOL at being read out - it made my day Kirsty! I adore Nigel and he has me guffawing with laughter every time I see him. You seemed much more relaxed this time. Shame you can't take Eddie in with you. I think you should have him as your mascot - and even feature him in all your CDs. I'd love a little digi-daschund to play with. Looking forward to receiving my CD and trying to make some fun cards. Boo :D

pollypurplehorse said...

right that's it, you've made it so I just HAVE to have these pens!!

Just placed my order with you, and now i can't wait for them to arrive so i can get to play too!! :-)

angie's blogspot said...

Hey chick, I don't usually bag a bargain, it's down to you that I bought the tee, you modelled it soooo beautifully, you made me go buy one lol. xxx

Kirsti said...

Hey I bought that tee last week for six quid too...and a Mad as a Hatter one....Loving your t ags - they are fabulous!!!

Kerry said...

Call of the wild is here and I can't wait to get started on printing out for my little man to use in the holidays. Lots for me to use for my scrapping too especially those birdhouses.

That top was gorgeous. Definitely eye catching. Was lovely to finally meet you too and that bloody tooth is still in his mouth lol