Ladies Camera Club

23 May 2010

Scorchio

Ooooh we do love the sun, don't we?
But we don't love the sun when we are indoors teaching! Gah, I caught about an hour of it this weekend but the bit I did catch was vitamin D fuelled and delish. Saying that, the indoory teachingy bit was such a good experience with Scrap-a-Mia's maiden voyage into scrapbook retreats. I thoroughly enjoyed it and the 68 students, 5 teachers and 3 organisers were such a happy and delightful group. It was such a pleasure to meet Shimelle, Cleo and Jane again even though we all spent barely 10 minutes with each other (although I did spend longer with Cleo as she helped me with my class this morning - thank you chick a loo). The food was lovely (I totally scored a free creme brulee on top!), the hotel was beautiful but most of all the girls taking the classes were such a joy to get along with.
I took hunnereds of photies, taught a class that made me break down in tears twice (more on that tomorrow) and sat and chatted to almost everyone I could manage with the short breaks between lessons.
In sum its one of the most happiest retreats I have been to in a loooooooooong time and would thoroughly recommend you try and seek out their next retreat when its announced on UKScrappers.
Im currently sat in a 400 year old hotel in Colchester that's charming if not quaint but lacking in air con. Im dripping away with barely a stitch on (dont picture that, not nice) and Im still roasting at half past midnight! This is the last of my whistle stop mini tour of the UK after Create and Craft on Friday, then Kettering, then Southampton and now Colchester. Trust me to be in the south when its the hottest day of the year. It is, by far, 3 or 4 degrees more hotter down here than up north and my pale skin is not used to it whatsoever! Still, the freckles get an outing and I get to see lots of stunning, springful countryside.
Ill catch up proper tomorrow with some lubbly pics xx

13 comments:

Sue said...

So glad you have had such a fab time.

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Lisa-Jane said...

So pleased you enjoyed it as much as we did (tears n all!). Really hope they do it again!

Sharon said...

Hi Kirsty - so glad you had a good time. I loved your class and I agree it was THE loveliest and most friendly retreat I have ever been to. Lovely to meet you IRL too. Take care. Sharon XXXX

Paula said...

Wow it was a fabulous weekend, the best retreat my friend and I have been too, sooo well organised and everyone so friendly. Thank you for an excellent workshop, We hope we get chance to do it all again soon;) Paula and Jaki xxx

Paula said...

Wow it was a fabulous weekend, the best retreat my friend and I have been too, sooo well organised and everyone so friendly. Thank you for an excellent workshop, We hope we get chance to do it all again soon;) Paula and Jaki xxx

Paula said...

Wow it was a fabulous weekend, the best retreat my friend and I have been too, sooo well organised and everyone so friendly. Thank you for an excellent workshop, We hope we get chance to do it all again soon;) Paula and Jaki xxx

Anne said...

Hi Kirsty
I agree with everything you say about the retreat. It was amazing. I loved every minute of it. It was so relaxed and fun. Claire and Margaret couldn't have been better at organising it. I found everyone to be really friendly. The teachers were just like one of the students. Although they apperar on tv and in magazines it hit me that they are really normal people who are super talented. I have been telling my family and colleagues today about my photoshoot with you. So many people want me to show them the photos. It was so sweet of you to take those etxra ones of me on Sunday. I really hope Scrap a Mia takes place again. It ws lovely to meet you and get to you know more. Anne xx

Claire Smillie said...

haha!! Free creme de brulee hey! So that's where mine went!!!! (only joking...the lovely waiter walked another all the way over to me). Thankyou once again Kirsty, hope your 'shoot' went well today - just like lady gaga!!!

happiscrapper said...

I loved the retreat - it was my very first one! And wasn't I a lucky girl meeting all you fabulous famous scrapbooking teachers. It truly was a great weekend. Thank you Kirsty. Big hug to your daughter! Marie x

vixen said...

This was a fantastic first Retreat experience, I loved every minute of it. Claire and Margaret did a brillient job of organising it and I really hope they put together another one as I would love to put my name down already lol. And thankyou to you and Cleo, Ifa and Shemille and the other teachers your classes were amazing, I learnt so much. And thankyou once again Kirsty for my photoshoot it made my weekend winning it in the raffel :)
from Tracey x

JO SOWERBY said...

hiya kirsty, hope ur now relaxing back home. i had a fab time at scrapamia too and was in ur first class on sunday morning. it was a beautiful LO and althoug i didnt read ur journalling, it obviously meant a huge amount to you. about the tears.........what is the point of scrapbooking our personnal stuff if we dont get emotional sometimes and u were fine. i loved every minute of my first retreat and am now trying to sort out finishing all the work we started.
Love Jo xxxx

Jane said...

Hi Kirsty - It was my first scrapbook retreat but I think it leaves a very high standard for others to live up to! The 'old hands' I spoke to said how much better it was than most of the others :) Absolutely enjoyed your class, desperate to finish the layout. Hope to see you again xx

Cleo said...

Hi Kirsty
It was a pleasure to sit in your class :) it was a gorgeous layout :)
I agree it was the best retreat I have been on, everyone was so friendly :)
I promise I will blog soon lol!!
Speak soon
Cleo
x