Ladies Camera Club

12 May 2010

A play in the park, Tutorial and Mad Maz

Went ribbon shoppin' and had lunch with Mazza. She is Connors mummy and she is lovely. And there was me complaining that I don't have many friends in this area. Well, I now have **two**. LOL. Had a terribly gorgeous afternoon just whiling the hours away about our lives and loves which included cake and hot chocolate so large, I thought it might consume Mazza.

Photos courtesy of iPhone Hipstamatic cross process app - everyone I know has it.... have you?

Isn't Mazza adorable? She makes some of the cards for my CD too - very artsy farsty cardmaker indeed
I got back in time to pick up the pooch from home and Belle from school to spend an hour or so in the flower park. Most towns in the Uk have flower parks and they are to be coveted and enjoyed whilst the council has the moolah to splash out on them. I especially love the cherry tree that sits smack bang in the middle and currently it is snowing pink petally flakes for us to sit amongst. Allow me to tell you my tale of the fun we had in millions of pics:


Ellie was enchanted by these flowers. as I am no horticulturist, I simply called them snippy-similar-to-quilled-flower-banana-hammocks..... just for fun
I feel like a bee heading for the inside of this delish tulip

A riot of lustrous colour

Belle was fascinated by the texture of tulips - leathery, waxy and silky were the words she used.


Now I know this is a Hyacinth seeing as Hyacinth Bouquet is my all time fave comedy heroine
Jewel tones steal my heart


Unfurling - isn't it a lovely word?

Hum, bluey forget me not type flowers. Gorgeous, gorgeous tones


Belle and the boy - I sneakily captured them playing so lovingly together

I love my girls fascination with him x

**sigh, this breaks my heart**


My new little feet treats!


This is one of my fave Eddy poses - those flappy ears hanging either side of that chubby neck

He is just so regal and bossy, isn't he?
She was laughing out loud at him sniffing the blooms!

He wandered off to go and bark at the grass blowing in the breeze and she played "he loves me, he loves me not" with cherry blossom petals

We had such a lovely hour just enjoying the sun and soaking up all that mother nature spared us this spring

Wanted to share this card using the stamp I bought from Dys the other day - Ive made her look less gruesome by softening her with flowers and bright colours. Having fun with promarkers (my new love) and stamping with dark grey ink instead of black.
Quick Tutorial
Then I made this card to make a fun, fun, fun flower with the aid of a Tonic studios snowflake punch. I swear these punches will be the ruin of me, Im obsessed.................

You need 1 snowflake punch and 6 petal shapes. I used a mini mini mini scallop oval punch from eons ago. I don't know who makes it, sorry, but you can use small circle punches if you like or cut your own petal shapes.



Slice a line down the centre of each petal and fold to create texture

Blob each snow flake "arm" with glue and attach each petal as displayed

Attach all 6 petals to form a snazzy looking flower

Bung a gem in the centre and slap it on a card - bingo........snowflakes are not just for winter. FACT.**flower stamp courtesy of Banana Frog - I love that stamp more than sniffing promarkers**

Right, ok - its 11.50pm and Im off to go and wait patiently for my new nephew to arrive. Things have started happening and he shall be here any minute soon.I cannot tell you how excited I am. I love him already and he shall be adored. A lot.

8 comments:

Beverley said...

great pictures, your daughter and doggy are adorable. Hope your new nephew arrives safe and sound sooner rather than later for his poor mummy!

Bev x

Bettyann said...

hi there...my lovely husband bought me a notebook for my birthday..so i can read your blog...yipeeeee..love the pics of sweet Belle and the little mister...

Sue said...

What a fabby day you had, first with your friend and then with your daughter and dog in the park. Lovely photos.

Hope your nephew arrived safe and sound and both he and mum are doing fine.

cannycrafter said...

Fab pics of Ed and Belle in the park! Love Caroline x

Fiona said...

Fab snaps of your afternoon in the park, I think the pink daisy flowers are Bellis but like your name better!
Fab tutorial on the snowflake flower.
Has he arrived yet?

x

Angela Weimer said...

Love the pics. What wonderful scrapping material it is! Looks like you all had a wonderful time. Angela

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [13 May 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Paula Gale said...

wow Kirst - fabby photos and great flower tute!!!

Love it all...

Paula x x x