Ladies Camera Club

16 May 2010

Ovaries are twisty!

Blub, I always get so emotional when Im near babies. Its like I am attuned to new mothers hormones and cry at the drop of a hat.

Belle and I ventured over to my bros today to get a proper newborn snuggle with my new nephew, Joshua. My mum and dad had spent the weekend with us and popped over earlier than I so that they could soak up that newness without me going cuckoo in the room at the same time. On our way there, belle begged if she could hold him first and I said of course (secretly cursing her and thinking....huh, Im last!) But it was worth it. He is a proper looking little boy with squishy features waiting to be puffed out my all those rolls of baby blubber (ooh, don't you just love baby fat rolls? I do!).

Natch, I had all my cameras with me and not one decent photo was taken of me with him because nobody knows how to use DSLR's (except Mark but he didn't come today as he was busy marking homework but I reckon he is saving himself for the weekend they come to see us in June). But still, I shall forever remember this day, more so for the look of adoration on my parents faces. Its been a loooooooong time since they came this close to a farm fresh baby!
Im going to post my best pics for today (minus the squished baby shots that we couldn't grab because he was a little fractious and still unfurling and getting used to the madness of reality!)

Leigh and Kerry, this is my fave of the day - just look at that little boy of yours, he is so so perfect



This is true love


Of course, the faces that newborns pull are hilarious - its like he is saying "Good god, woman, your perfume stinks"


He had a spell of about 20 minutes with his eyes open - he is so like his mother, Kerry! Yum yum yum, you gorgeous little boy, give auntie kirsty a big, fat kiss!


My bro and my mum share some Josh lovin'


My bro bought Kerry a Pandora bracelet as a "thank you" for Joshua's safe arrival. His first charms were the letters "JJ". How thoughtful?



His grip is something else! He grabbed hold of Ellies finger..............

And loved her so much that he wouldn't let her go, much to her amusement.


If you click on this picture to enlarge it, you will see all that downy hair on his cheek - looking awesome and strokably delish


Lastly two cards from recent sessions of creativity including our card to My brother and his wife to celebrate the arrival of JJ. Of course the card should be blue but I wanted to choose something a little bit different.
And a card using Banana Frogs stamps again from the Flowery Thoughts collection - which I adore

Tha tha tha tha tha that's all folks xx


PS: I love you baby JJ, you are forever in my heart.

21 comments:

S said...

The picture of Mommy, Daddy, and baby is aces.

Anonymous said...

Kirsty, they are beautiful pictures. I wish I had you to take pics of my two when they were born. I hope your brother treasures them. Just breathtaking with a simple charm that makes them look truly natural.

Lesley-Anne

twinkletoe said...

Just adorable - thanks for sharing!!

Paper Paradise said...

Oh the photo's are so special, you truly are a talented photographer. JJ is just gorgeous, and the bracelet, what a special memory. x

Sue said...

Awesome!!!!

JJ is just so adorable. Your photos are fab.

Love the cards.

JO SOWERBY said...

awe cuteness or what. congrats on the new arrival and the amazing family times to come.lovely pics kirsty as ever
Jo xxx

Deanne said...

aw congratulations on the safe arrival of joshua :) x

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Pat said...

Beautiful baby, gorgeous pics, fab cards!

Fiona said...

Baby and pics gorgeous, and the cards are fab too.

Fiona x

Rae said...

congrats aunty Kirsty! :) and to the proud parents too!
totally love the pic of the 3 of them!

Bev said...

Ooh he is so gorgeous!

Clarky J said...

What a gorgeous and loving family xx Great pics to treasure always x Janet

Jude said...

Congratulations Auntie - he's gorgeous!! Fantastic pictures, thanks for sharing them. xx

sparklygirl-Tina said...

You've gone and done it again more tears in my eyes Kirsty - that picture of your mum and dad......... JJ is a gorgeous boy - more photos soon please!

Tina
X

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Awww he's just so adorable!! Glad he arrived safe and sound...eventually!! lol
Congratulations to 'mummy & daddy'...and Auntie Kirsty too!! ^.^

Ruth said...

is it wrong too have "leaky eyes" at these pics...beautiful pics and gorgeous writing as always
x

Sarah said...

Oooooh he is one gorgeous bundle of lushness that boy :o) Ohhh makes me all broody. Congrats to you all on your new lil family member x

Brittney said...

Gorgeous photos - and the baby card is adorable!

Teri said...

Whenever I see baby pictures, I wish for a "smell-o-vision" machine to be a real thing. Does he smell as yummy as he looks?

Jen said...

Oh he's just precious! Lovely pics - especially the one of Belle obviously dying to get her finger back, lol!