Ladies Camera Club

10 May 2010

Hooray for me, I uploaded all those beautiful cards that appeared on last weeks Create and Craft show over here. Am very proud to have completed the task even though its a week overdue....sorwy.

So Im sat here feeling like a rhino is sat on my chest and starting to sound like a man again. I have **another** cold. Joyous. And to cap it off, my sweet girl was off school again after having one of her cocoon days. Im sure I have blogged it before but to recap, Belle has these days where her body shuts down and her skin is clammy to the touch and yet she is cold. She huddles in her blankets and refuses to rouse, eat or drink. She has had them since she was a wee lady and at first she got them weekly. Then she got them every ten days, then every two weeks until they petered out to twice a year. This is her fourth this year and we do put them down to growth spurts. She came in my room this morning with funny looking brown colouring under her eyes and I knew instantly it was a cocoon day. She was upset that Id get mad that she was faking it but I know she doesn't fake those days - not when she sleeps right through until 2pm. Its always around 2pm when her body clicks into gear and she came down this avvo screeching that she was hungry so I made her 2 rounds of bacon butties and she woolfed them down quick sharp. After a coffee with sugar and some extra sweet treats (to perk her up), she was a s right as rain. Thankfully. Im hoping she grew at least an inch ;)

I kind of appreciated her cocoon day as it meant I could have an extra half hour in bed! I needed it, I was whacked after a hectic weekend over at Dyans Mad Hatter Tea Party. I loved it, I loved the demos and I loved how much Dys shop has got more 7 gypsies and Tim Holtz supplies as well as the gruesome Stampotique stamps that I had to snaffle this one:
Isn't she gruesomely gorge? I feel my sketching pencils being inspired by these. You can see Dyans range of Stampotiques stamps HERE

Using some of the other Stampotique stamps in the workshops I ran, I made this. They are not exactly the same as Dyan's samples (who is untouchable, as you know) but I managed to come up with a tag v v similar for me to covet and remind me of how much pain she whipped in me for the slavery involved at working on one of her weekends (including the torture of eating cake and drinking endless cups of tea)

Finally, I whizzed up a coupla cards for Bev at Banana scrummy Frog stamps over here. I never get bored of making samples and its hard not to with her lovely collection of stamps for everyday crafting.


Ooooh, not finally, actch. I have something to ask some of you. I am running a Ribbon Lickers Club Up opportunity to grab yourself 60 metres lush ribbon: 12 x 5 metres of 23mm grosgrain ribbon in cappucino, natural, dusky rose, baby pink, hot pink, sage, baby blue, red, black, burgundy & dove grey (60 mtrs in total) for £10 plus £1 P&P. That's 16.6p a metre when broken down. Its a non profit making exercise where I do all the hard work for you!
There is room for 18 of you crazy ribbon lickers (I have 8 already so effectively need 10 more UK peeps t0 join in) Facebook me here if you are interested or email me here if you don't FB!

2 comments:

Bettyann said...

well hunny bunny..I can see that you have been very busy..Hope Belle has grown an inch..I'm off to Calgary to await the birth of my granddaughter, Madelynn...so sweetie..I'll be lurking if I can find wi fi, as Dh just bought me an HP notebook for my birthday, tomorrow, talk to u in June..cheers

Sue said...

Blimey you have been busy. Don't know how you do it all. Making one LO or card tires me out:)

Hope you can shake the cold off quickly. Sending you hugs (((Kirsty))).