Ladies Camera Club

30 May 2010

Erm, Ow!

Saturday afternoon I was minding my own business in the kitchen when I heard buzzing. I knew it was close so I shook my head thinking Id free whatever was tangled in my hair. The buzzing got louder and I shook head head and shimmied my body to get rid of the offending buzz. It was quiet for a moment so I shrugged my shouders and I continued faffing in the kitchen. Then the buzzing got louder so I screamed and ran around the kitchen, frightening Ellie. Still the buzzing continued so I whipped off my t shirt and shimmied my body and shook my hair quite furiously. Thinking I had got rid of the little sod, I listened and looked about the kitchen for a fallen buzzy thing.
NO!
More buzzing and louder and I manage a slow motion peek over my shoulder and there he was. A massive, fat Mr buzzing bumble bee on my shoulder blade. I screamed in panic, flicking my shoulder blade to remove him and in the process of spazzing out, I scratched my face. Much worse than a bee sting, I am sure and yes, Im on TV again on weds. Won't I look the picture of health?!Ok its only a nick and not a huge slash but still - ooooooooochy!

Ok the winner of the pack of stamps for Banana Frog is........................... drum roll, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............ DAPHNE!!!! Hooray! Mail me using the link on the left here!

8 comments:

Cath x said...

Poor you! Glad it didn't sting you though. I got a bee stuck in the waistband of my trousers and it stung me dozens of times, was bloody horrible! Hope it heals before Weds! xxxx

Debsg said...

Ouch. Stings are pretty painful, but so are scratches! Hope you tell the story on tv like you did here! I got stung last year - I was in bed minding my own business and a bl**dy wasp stung my chin. It was AGONY :(

Angela Weimer said...

Ouchie! A least you did not get stung. Hope it heals quickly. Hope your week gets better. Angela and Belle

mustavcoffee said...

Oh Dear, poor you, hope you didn't hurt the poor little bee though, we need all of them.
Good Luck for a very speedy recovery, if not bit of concealer might get it, xx

Katie said...

I think I'm allergic to the thought of being stung! Lucky escape for you. x

Sue Ramsay said...

Look on the bright side - you can always start an Adam Ant revival lol !! luvs ya really xxxxx

Sue said...

We've had some very large Bees over at my dad's. Usually don't mind them as they tend to leave you alon, unlike wasps which just love to bug us.

Sure your scratch will not show up on TV.

Sandie said...

This is why I hibernate in summer... ouch!! Glad you didn't get stung though, and i do love how you tell the story!! lol.