Ladies Camera Club

2 Apr 2010

I wish

Everyone has a wish. One of those "you just know its never going to happen" kind of wish.

Mine is to meet, if not take a photo of Mario Testino.

But Im greedy I also want to be able to photograph Helena Bonham Carter too (and I cannot believe Celine Navarro bumped into her in Capri on Monday just gone, Im sick!).

But back to Mario. His photo's are the kind of photo's I dream of taking. I like his use of light and lack of photoshop. I love natural photos, I really do and he does it the best. When I first saw the pictures he took of Diana, about 15 years ago.... I was obsessed with him and his work - right up to now

These are just a handful of my favourite images he has taken - note .......all black and white!






What do you wish for?

5 comments:

Dylan said...

I wish for more time with gorgeous bezzies like you...miss ya..mwah xxx

Sue Ramsay said...

Security - emotional and financial. I could maybe sleep nights then xx

hello gorgeous said...

ooo, now this "I wish" could be on SO many levels, but....going with your theme...I wish I could step back in time and befriend Marilyn Monroe....in the hope that she would realise that who she was privately, was enough!

And then, jump back to the present day and have a few dinner dates with Barack and Michelle Obama....

One final wish would have to be to make sure THAT Paris crash never happened....

Obviously, family come first so all my wishes...or in this case one wish, would go on making sure we are all safe, healthy and financially secure.....along with world peace......

Grrr, why is it greed ALWAYS plays a part, HOW can you choose a "single" thing when there's so much you would like to wish for in SO MANY areas......

But for now, my "wish" is for you and yours to have a fab Easter weekend gorgeous! ;o)

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

Debo said...

I wish I could make my mind up!!!

I love his photos, too. Actually, how about having HIM take a photo of ME and make me look AMAZING! Don't know if he can work miracles though! He does have pretty good material to start with.

**My claim to fame is - I bumped into (LITERALLY) Helena Bonham Carter's bump at Ally Pally a couple of years ago. She was on Dyan's stall, going through the Paper Artsy stamps in baskets and I wanted to look at them too! I hadn't realized she was pregnant until she turned round and hit me with it! (hadn't realized it was her either!) My husband now has a higher opinion of papercrafting now that he knows HBC does it too! (He's a bit of a fan!)

A & E said...

Fantastic photogrpahy there, i wish that I will realise my full potential some day. :)