Ladies Camera Club

15 Apr 2010

I am mad as a box of frogs

Why?
Well, I cannot believe I got up at 3.45 to drive all the way down to Peterborough (which, using the route I do - is so boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring). I arrived in good time to a studio buzzing with another show about to air at 8am. I was met by Steve, one of the floor managers, and he is such a hoot. I really like him; a real cheeky chappy. I also couldn't wait to meet Nigel, the presenter. He is such a scream - really flamboyant and into craft. After the first show, came my hour. I was not nervous at all and for the 7th time being on TV it was about time. The thing I struggle with is questions that come out of the blue. You think you are ready for anything but trying to come out with a coherant answer (and one that isn't full of "erm's, aaaaah's, exactly's and absolutely's" is very difficult). Most of the time Im trying to mind my accent and manners and not use profanity if something goes wrong!

Now Nigel, as Im sure (if you watch the program) is very good at using double entendres. So yesterday he made a reference to Steves recent engagement and asked if the viewers would like to see Steves ring. I didn't mean to stifle my outburst and go purple in the process, but I couldn't help it. I recommend, by the way, you watch this you tube video of Steves birthday surprise because its brilliant (and if you are a Glee and Love Actually fan - you will totally feel part of the action)

The rest of the show went sailingly and afterwards, as I slouched in the green room trying not to fall asleep from knackeredness, in pops my friend Jo, who had just finished demoing on air for Buzzcrafts. We went for coffee together and spent an absolute age talking and laughing. That sure woke me up so that I felt safe driving the 3 boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring hours home. Then, when I did get home, I went to bed for 14 hours of yummy and long overdue sleep.
I shall be back later with new projects that were aired and some dimensions for the pizza box that I made.

9 comments:

GabrielaD said...

Wow... that really well done, and totally cute! TFS!

Kate said...

OMG That's brilliant. They did a fab job on it. I LOVE Glee! The new season premiered here last night and it was great!

Bettythebaglady said...

Sorry I missed you on TV.Not an early riser. Catching up on your blog noticed you had experienced a ford for the first time-reminded me of the time we were riding in our sporty peugeot gti thingy (very low to the ground) and sign said ford FOR half a mile-snorts all round at stupid sign-but you know what it was!Hugs BettyXXX

Princess Scary said...

Thats SUCH a fab birthday surprise and proposal! TFS

Debbie said...

Kirsty thought you did a great job yesterdy! love the video, what a cool surprise.
Debbie x

Sue said...

So glad you had a such a fab day.

Fiona said...

Nigel is my favourite, don't know how you managed to keep a straight face re Stephen's 'ring'!

Sarah xx said...

Awesome video - Love it!
Glad you got home safely after such a long day - those catch up sleeps are just the best!! xxx

Golden Granny said...

I recorded the show so that my daughter could see the moment when Nigel was urging Steve to show his ring!!!! I keep going back to it - it's priceless. Love it, Love it, Love it!!!!! So nice to see 'normal' people reacting like the rest of us. xxxxxxxxxx