Ladies Camera Club

12 Mar 2010

You need a change? You need a Tonic

Tonic send supplies + Kirsty makes things = Simples
I didn't think that, until now, I was a bit of a gadget ho. I love all my tools (except my darned bind-it-all - never used the daft thing and I've had it 2 years!). Punches, espesh. Little, handy and no need to lug out a hoyking great die cutting machine, either. I do love it, though, when new tools make a difference (and not be just a colour change!)

Tonic's butterfly punch range is a bit special. One half cuts the image so you can make it 3d from the card/paper in hand. The other punches the whole thing out, plus little detail-y bits and leaves a cool mask for spritzing with too. That's 3 or 4 looks with two punches before you even get your glue out.

and then when you do get your glue out, you can make pretties like these.
And most of all, these punches are razor sharp. They went through Bazzill like butter **me loves that part**

Ok - Im off. Im driving to a place called Hawes, somewhere in the Yorkshire Dales. I hope they have electricity, sounds like the back of beyond to me. Will take survival kit consisting of blanket, flask and cake.

13 comments:

Bettyann said...

Absolutly love the look of that punch..Love, love the wreath card..I think I must have it lol...have fun in the backwoods...if you think that is the backwoods come to me my little chickadee to our canadian woods...we also take trail mix, beer and sleeping bags...

angie's blogspot said...

Have a gud trip kirsty, I once went to Hawes with a guy I was dating yonks ago, his mum and dad had a caravan in a remote field, we went to a pub on a remote hill, and had to dodge the sheep in the dark on the way back, lol

hello gorgeous said...

ooooo gorgeous, these are beautiful! the punch is VERY pretty! can't wait to see other creations with it ;o)

have a good cake-filled weekend

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

helen miles said...

ooh lawd, that butterfly wreath is a bit special!

Debbie said...

oh wow they are fab - will keep an eye out for them on my travels. Are you at Harrogate next weekend?? :)

Darcy said...

OMG I love, love Hawes. You have to go to the cheese factory and get thee some Wensleydale Gromit!!!

very lovely flutterbyes.x

Kath said...

you will love hawes....have spent many a lovely holiday there but the road is a nightmare...20 miles of winding up and down dale...feels like 40....have a great time..hugs kath xxxx

Sue said...

mmmmmmm might NEED that punch . LOVE your wreath card!

Jenni said...

Love the cards Kirsty, think I'll have to watch out for that punch. Hawes is lovely, had a great week there not too long ago - have fun!
Jenni x

Kate said...

First of all those cards are GORGEOUS and secondly thank god I'm not the only one who has a bind it all for nearly 3 years and hasn't used it! Everyone is always giving out to me for not using the bloody thing but I keep saying that one day I will!

Lynn Cheryl said...

Don't forget to go to the Creamery to taste and buy some Wensleydale. I love Hawes..lucky you!

Debo said...

I love the butterflies! Your cards are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

love them flutterbies-we sell that now and I love it so much,but couldnt figure out wth I could use it for-now Im so gonna totally snaffle your idea and pass it off as my own*evil snigger*
OMG,K-you gotta use your Zutter....me loves so much...cant breathe,cant breathe...
big chocolatey love to the curlygirl
Lulubelle x