Ladies Camera Club

3 Mar 2010

Gush-fest alert.......

Thank you to everyone for your emails, texts, tweets and facebook messages of support today. It truly, and I mean truly, meant the world to me.

I want to thank the girls who helped provide me with BEAUTIFUL projects for the show (Leonie only showed a third of them due to time constraints) but before I thank them I forgot to mention two girls names on air and for that I am destroyed that that happened - honestly, how must have they felt when I did that? So to Lynda Morland and Louisa Maclean, I am very sorry I forgot to mention you. You know how much I appreciated the time and effort you put into all those beautiful cards that you made. I also want to thank the talentedness of Janey Pye, Justine Burgess, my mum - Hazel, Carol Bacon, Sarah Youde and Jo Kill. I am a very lucky girl to have you make such bold and beautiful cards. Im not just saying it, I mean it with all of my heart.

So - ok. Create and Craft. Well how was I supposed to know I was on Ideal World instead? I had my mother in law recording the wrong channel and told all my friends and family to record it for themselves whilst they were at work. Nuh uh! Even when I was on air, I had no idea that I was on Ideal World. Hilarious! Then they showed it on C&C at 4pm. heeeeeeeeeee! I haven't even seen it yet (and I really don't like watching myself becuase I think....mmmm, diet, re-style your hair, smile more, stop chundering, lift your chin(s), drop your accent). But still, working with Leonie was an absolute delight. She is so right in front of the camera with all of her crafty know how. I bounced right off her and she is a total natural........ I love her! And what was also special was when Crafts Beautiful popped along to award the show with every accolade available. Being a writer for their magazine and meeting the "heads if sheds" at the studios was an added bonus. Ooooh and also I want to thank my little old momma for coming with me to help and support me - she is a little love and my ultimate treasure.

Anyway, tomorrow, I am going to take a picture of every single project that was on the show and even the ones that were not to give them the exposure they deserve.

End of gushfest xx

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Kirsty- I was so looking forward to seeing the show and my little rat of a toddler turned off the switches and my sky box lost all of its recording reminders... AHHH!! So photos of the projects would be great - in a PDF would be even more fabaroony, so I can have some inspiration for my CD, have printed off some papers but so yummy I just can't cut them!! LOL!

Colette said...

The show was great, cd-rom gorgeous, I am thinking cupcaked themed birthday party for my little princess! Hope you sold loads. You work hard and you deserve it.

Lisa Hemmings said...

Oh dear.... I recorded create and craft :-(
Look forward to the photos now!
Well done, you are an absolute star Kirsty - don't ever change, thats why we all love you
Lisa xx

Clare said...

Hi Kirsty, you done really well on Ideal World - I kept flipping from channel to channel thinking where on earth are you, but I found you eventually, it was great. Me too hopes you sold loads of CD's so you can go and spend some well earned money on more stash. xx

Anonymous said...

Oh, well, I missed it! I hope they repeat it! Kisses
Paula

angie's blogspot said...

I missed it cos I taped the wrong side, looking forward to your piccies tho' xx

Anonymous said...

I taped the wrong channel but managed to catch the 4.00 pm show online. You were brill. Hope you managed to sell lots of CDs.

Anna x

Sandie said...

Bottoms - I missed it :(

Boo said...

I was so sad to have missed the show. I was watching C&C on and off throughout the day and evening (bar 4 pm when I had to go and lie down)! Sods law is that. Perhaps they'll repeat it? So glad it went well for you and that you enjoyed it. :D

Deborah said...

That explains why I didn't get to see the show, then. What a shame. Hopefully will catch the next one you do instead. Glad it went so well for you! Well done, girl.

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Ha! Forget to mention me in your post, why don't ya! HAHA!!!! I got a mention on TV but not in blogland :-(


xxx