Ladies Camera Club

12 Mar 2010

Banana Frog project of the day

**this is my post from over at Banana Frog's blog post from yest**

Do you, like me, panic when it comes to adding a little note card to an emergency parcel? I often have moments where I just don't have the right words to say in a long and meaningful letter. Post it notes look pretty poor when you are crafter and have more stationary and supplies than your local LSS. And a card can seem too much when all you want to say is a few little words.

Cue "The Tag". These have been around for centuries in the crafting industry and are small enough to experiment big ideas. They store easy and can fit even with your smaller postal items. I feel they are the right size to make a big impression with very little effort.

Kirsty-tag

I started off with a white tag, inked it yellow and orange and then sprayed tangerine ink over a heidi swapp damask mask. I dried it off with a heat gun and then added a strip of newsprint to the right.

On top of that I took a butterfly stamp from the Banana Frog Swirls and Butterflies collection, inked it in a dark orange and printed on the right of the tag - in a vertical, repeat fashion.

I inked up the Banana Frog's Mad font alphas, spelling "FLY", in a light orange and stamped that on the left of the tag.

I outlined the font in a dark yellow crayon to highlight.

I then criss crossed the tag with linen thread and over the cross, I plonked an antique butterfly print on top complete with jewels.

I used tiny alphabet stickers to spell "soar"

To finish, I knotted some orange ribbon through the tag.

When I get half an hour or so, I make 4 or 5 tags in one go ready to bob in the post; guilt and stress free!


This weekend, myself and Dyan, her girls and a bunch of her friends are bogging off to a country house in the Yorkshire Dales to do whatever we please. I can't tell you how much I need this break. Im missing half of Mothers day but my Ellie doesn't mind, she is more besotted with the fact that its Eddy's birthday tomorrow - he is 2. My boy! We love him so much. I think, though, before I set off I will share with you some little nifty tricks Ive been practising with a huge selection of Tonic Studio supplies today. Tonic Studios are sponsoring me to use their products and when it comes to cutting systems that are reliable, sturdy and ORANGE (!!! - loves the zeal of that colour), these guys have more appeal over most cutting systems Ive used. They have these nifty edging punches which are rocking my socks right now and they have the best non-stick serrated edged scissors. Have you ever used their mini guillotine? Ive had one for two years now and its razor sharp still - and I use it every day! But alas, my bed is calling me and I must Zzzzzzzzzz as Im certain Im not going to get much up in those wintry dales!

2 comments:

Bettyann said...

Kristy, what a beautiful tag, alot of lovely details..have a great weekend with your friends..Yorkshire Dales sound so romantic...glad you are going away for a break...your life is very busy.. safe journey...

Anonymous said...

Lovin' that tag. Great idea to have a few ready to add to those 'special' parcels. Have a great weekend. HeyJude!x