Ladies Camera Club

16 Feb 2010

Vancouver 2010

I am in love with the coverage of the winter Olympics, espesh as we can view it in HD. What an absolute treat. You can get a great perspective of the event and feel like you are really there. Ive loved watching the Moguls and of course the figure skating. I know our representatives, Kemp and King are no "Torville and Dean" but watching them (and in fact any other nation perform) is thrilling. I could watch figure skating forever. Im fact, some of my fave videos on youtube are Torville and Deans classics.

Ok - update on my scraproom. Its getting there (pics coming soon). I have had to purge even more stuff in my room which I think I will try and sell on ebay to raise some cash to redo our dining room. I was inspired to get saving for it after a trip to Selfridges today. I wasn't planning a Selfridge shop but how could I deny a visit to the Trafford Centre after passing it by on my way to and back from lunch with my lovely friends Louisa and Rachel? I promised myself a small budget spendage but not before I paid a visit to the monster of all heart attack creating joints; namely Kripsy Kremes drive thru?
**thud**
Ive never been to one of their drive thru's before but I was not disappointed. There is a working factory in there where you get **free** samples for being fabulous customers!. Straight off production and into your gob. I had to take this picture. It makes me feel very happy. Warm and sweet and fresh. I bought a very large sum of them for Mark and I to devour over the course of the next few days (read that as one day) and I was so happy I went. I do wish, however, they would have a larger selection (like Dunkin Donuts) but for now, the Lemon Glaze is my absolute favvo. MLAM, NOM, SLURP.

So Selfridges? Man, I love that shop. Super sleek, uber trendy and has everything that I want/need/dream of. I discovered it has a Cath Kidston boutique inside only today and I came away with these two delish things to make my heart sing.
A debit card holderAnd a mumsy purse with a clasp. I love clicking clasps! Espesh when Im in a queue, I like to make music up to the clickingness much to the annoyance to the world at large!
I have a terrible penchant for spots right now, in fact its practically becoming an illness. I don't think I will ever tire of them. But anyway, Cath made my day - so cheers, love.

I also sneaked a couple of yummables from Paperchase including a kraft book filled with really flimsy yet oh-so-delectable kraft pages along with a proper photo album to file all my artwork in for a portfolio I have to present to a client in a few weeks. More about that coming soon :)

So on my way out of Selfridges I noticed a colour scheme I keep being drawn to - Beige and ruby red. I spotted this wallpaper by Farrow and Ball that Id like to line the dining room walls with

And this fabrix to cover the table and make runners with
To match these lovely units which are Ikeas finest but also my hearts biggest desire

But I have to save like mad now to pay for it all, either that or put on a pair of red shoes and walk the streets of Manchester for a few shifts (see yests post!)

13 comments:

Bettyann said...

yah I am so glad you are enjoying the Olympics...we are glued to the TV every night..my poor bum...love your choices at Ikea..Cath Kidston is fab...put on red shoes with your bag and off to the money you go LOL...

Pat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat said...

lol bit cold out there even with red shoes on! Ebay's the way to go I think, hope you get your lovely shelving, I will be sooooo jealous! xx

kirsticoo said...

OOOh I am definitely drooling over your lovely dresser/shelves and your trip to Cath Kidston... I love her too and I am down in Manchester at the weekend and have just realised I won't be able to buy much at all as we are flying with hand lugguage only...Oh the irony of it...lol..xoxo

hello gorgeous said...

hey sweetpea! I'm LOVING the Olympics too! The Snowboarding Cross was amazing!! Can't wait for today's round-up...haven't seen any of the figure skaing yet tho' :o(

Krispy Kremes???? never heard of them before but from your pic I'm SURE i would LOVE 'em!!! ;o) Gonna have to google the nearest to Cardiff.....

Decoration....hmmmm...desp need to get some of that going this year, inside and out...but why does it HAVE to cost so much, why can't it be worked out using favours....I make something - you give me something! Simples!!!

Keep us updated! ;o)

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

Sandie said...

*drool*

Sing it with me...

"Pass the donut on the left hand side...." lol

Would die for those cabinets. Hail to IKEA!! I'm heading up to one on Thur just for a looksie.

sarah copeland said...

ooh you just listed MY fave things in your blog! Krispy Kreme - check! Ikea Liatorp furniture - check! Spotty things - check!

Joy said...

Krispy Kreme are best warm and fresh....so you should eat them in a short time!

Alana said...

Loving the snowboarding cross...sooooo exciting!!! My red handbag and red pumps are my fav. A child at the school I work at drew a picture of me (you could only tell it was me because of the red shoes).

Pol said...

Do you know there is a whole Cath Kidston shop in the Liverpool One centre? A visit there could be combined with one of your horrible ALder Hey trips?

Anonymous said...

hi Kirsty, i hadn't heard of cath Kidston so i looked her up, she has a sale on on her website;-) ....i love reading your blog,
luv caroline x

Sue Ramsay said...

David Kings dad has his jewellers workshop a mile or so from where I live, you'd LOVE it Kirsty. Just thought of a novel money saving idea here, all those things you want from IKEA are the ones I want too. We could either go halves and timeshare them or just move in together - whaddya reckon????????? lol xx

twinkletoe said...

I used to have a Saturday job at Selfridges when I was 15. Such a long time ago now!!!