Ladies Camera Club

8 Feb 2010

Birthday, Bumps and Bellyphants

Ok the Bellyphants isn't a real world although I have made a card using elephants and wanted the title to be all B's! That comes further down this blog entry.

Today was my 39th birthday (not 40th, as some people thought and not 43 like Nikki thinks, cheeky sod!). I awoke to Ellie coming into my room and giving me non-morning breath kisses because she wisely brushed her teeth first. As her magic spell rattled my senses I was also met by my smelly dogs bottom in my face. It was lovely! I promptly fell back asleep as I had been working until 4am this morning and needed my beauty sleep (obviously, don't want to look 43, thanks to nikki!). Inside my head I am still 19 and today, with this pic Id like to think I do not look forty-bloody-three!
Mark kept trying to wake me up early this morning as he had a surprise for me in the kitchen (not dishes, thank god) and when I finally got up I ran down the stairs to open a bunch of lovely cards and gifts. Mark had already bought me my Les Mis weekend away in London (I go at the end of the month) so I was one present down. Now you can call me selfish for counting them but I love my birthday because its a me-me day. Tis the only day I relish being myself and all the things thrust upon me. For the rest of the 364 days of the year, its about everyone else. But no...this is my day. Ellie had bought me a super cool kenwood chef chopper whizzer that would slice your fingers off in a moment and yet bake extra fluffy cakes for the privilege. Thank you Ellie.
After that I opened gifts from hand crafted tags, to fat quarters, to art classes, to chocks and books and wine and necklaces and moolah (!!!) and 12 white roses and picture frames. It was just a peachy birthday bounty for me. Also my antiquey cakey stand arrived. Isn't she a beauty? My mum has one and Ive always wished to have one and rather than waiting for her to die and me inherit it (lol, my knows what I mean!) i simply searched the whole of ebay for a year to get my sticky mitts on it. A complete bargain at £7.50. It looks kind of lonely, being all cakeless (but not for long, I tell you)

I also got me my order from scrapshed whose sale was so saley last week that I kind of went all swirly eyed and evil and giggly as I piled my shopping basket with crafting bargains for my crap hole of a craft room (yes, its untidy again.......meh!).

And today of all days - my day, my birthday of 39 years (cry cry cry) I made a card with my new Martha Stewart punch that Lyndsey brought back all the way from Canada just for me (thank you xx). I love elephants, I collect odd elephant ornaments for my elephant fascination but I don't collect any with real tusks or ivory or such like. I love how this punch double cuts and makes the ears pull out **swoon**

When belle-belle got in from school we were going to go to an ice cream parlour but she just did not want to go so we baked a lemon torte cake and scoffed the lot in 3 seconds. We feasted on my fave meat and tatty pie with delish pastry and pukesville carrots (I only like spring green cabbages and brocolli, myself). So there we were, just me, my hubs, my lil lady and my pooch - all cosy and happy on my birthday.

Oh this has been a lovely day but next year will be a wee bit frightening, though. Its the big four-oh my god. I think I shall be 39 every year from now on. Truly, I shall.

Ooooh ooooh oooh
and also, check out my pics of my lovely sister in laws bump-a-roo. She has 13 weeks to go and in there lays my nephew who I shall call beany bumpy bum until his parents can decide on a name (that ain't a pretty sight....they just cant agree right now!)





Don't they both look so beautiful?

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belated birthday wishes Kirsty. Sounds like you had a great day. Luv the cake stand. My Mum had one exactly like that too.... Would be wasted here though - houseful of blokey-types!! And it's the law in this house that once you reach 30 YOU can choose how old you are.. My youngest was traumatised last year because me and BOTH his siblings were all 27 :-D HeyJude! x

Zarah said...

Happy belated birthday!
Great photos of you and that cake stand? WHOA! I adore it!!

Pat said...

My Mum has one too!
Happy Belated Birthday xx

Jenni said...

Sorry to be a little late but glad you've had a Happy Birthday! Love the pics.
Jenni x

cannycrafter said...

Happy Birthday Kirsty, your photo is fab! At least you are only the big 40 next year and not the big 50 like me!!! Lol! Caroline x

Sam said...

HAppy belated birthday Kirtsy - glad you had a lovely day (both me and hubby will be 40 this year and neither are looking forward to it!!)
Your picture is gorgeous - you look so young ... and cheeky!!

Carolynne H said...

Happy Birthday Kirsty! So glad you got your punch at last... Might just have to go get one myself now too! I blame you! I turned the big 4.0. this year and banned the family from mentioning it... I also quote my age as 21 + VAT. Works for me!!
C xx

angie's blogspot said...

wow ou look gorgeous in your piccy, glad you had a lovely birthday, I live with man and boys, and not one of them between them gets of their jacksy to go and handpick, lovingly wrap, crafty gifts for me, they'll gladly pay, but it's not the same, Pah!
Anyway just ordered the martha stewart punches tsv, cos I'm worth it , lol xxx

Debbie said...

Belated birthday wishes and your only ever as old as you feel, so when 40 comes around you'll just be the same. My birthday is on Friday and I will be 49 so I have the big 50 looming, but I still feel like a teenager. LOL :-)
I've got a cake stand like that n love it, got mine a few years back at a car boot sale for 50p.

JANE KNOWN AS LIZA T said...

Firstly there is nohing wrong with being 43 or 44 for that matter....

Had a stressy time with the girls so your card is in my mind im afraid, its really nice with lots of SU stripey ribbon and scrummy bits and bobs but its stll in my mind...hope you had a scrundelicious day
Jane
LISA T
the devil chldren say Hapy Brthday Christine too.....xxx

JANE KNOWN AS LIZA T said...

ok ok sorry about the spellings.....my 'i' is a bt jammed and the rest is just because of my intelect....

Jo E said...

Happy birthday for yesterday Kirsty! I love the cake stand and the elephant punch is sooooo cute!

Jen said...

Happy birthday sweetie - you don't look a day over 38, honest!! Hey, what are you worried about? I'm 50 on Saturday eEEEeeEeeEEK! Anyway, looks like you were thoroughly spoilt and rightly so. Enjoy :)

Mandy said...

Your Beautiful!!Love the new photo of you and no my dear you don't look 39 you still look 19!Hell I wish I looked half as good as you!Glad you had a great day!Love that cake stand what a find! hope your having a lovely day today. xxx

Lil' Ol' Me said...

Hello Kirsty and a very happy birthday for yesterday!
I just happened to do a little blog hopping tonight...havent for weeks...and I am glad I am only 1 day late with the wishes.
Hope youre enjoying your day after your birthday just as much. I havent blogged or crafted in ages...lots of stress and grief here but I am not going to go down. I am going to be a weeble...weebles wobble but they dont fall down!

Bettyann said...

Happy Birthday to you...you look marvelous darling..I hated 39 as 40 was coming up..but when you're past it is clear sailing lol....

Lizzie said...

Sounds like a great birthday! (43 indeed!).
That cakey stand... I have one exactly - I mean *exactly* like it just here at my house! It's on the sideboard (I will send you a piccie if you don't believe me!). They are so cool because they fold up small and fit in a cupboard (so why is mine on the sideboard....)
Happy Birthday again... Enjoy Les Mis when you finally get there!

D@nielle said...

sounds like you had a wonderful day, you look gorgeous in the pic you young goddess (you make me feel old as I will turn 40 in september !) Can't wait to see pretty cakes soon .

*reyanna klein* said...

Happy Birthday! I missed it! I haven't been online to read blogs. Hmph! I hope it was fabulous.

You are GORGEOUS at 39! WOW! Love these photos! :-)

Jo said...

Happy belated Kirsty!

Those elephants are tooo cute.. do you fancy chopping me a few out? lol.

i need that punch!