Ladies Camera Club

9 Jan 2010

Aaaaw!

Cute yes?Cabin fever? - oh flippin yes.
GET US OUT - we are trapped in this snow ridden land.Belle has had the entire week off school (as the rest of the county) and is FED up of us, the tv, the way we have to try and entertain each other without losing the will to live. I'm sick of moaning about it (and believe me, Im the most positive in our house right now). And even though we are feeding the birds and caring for our loved ones in this refrigerating rat bag of a town, the stoppages and delays are doing my swede in. Belle is practically gagging to get back to school, I want my routine to return and Mark needs his CRB check speeding up so he can start his new job as a Public Service Lecturer at a nearby college.
Damn the white stuff, its such an inconvenience. I don't know how you other countries/states live with it. Its just so rude for it to snow unlike anything I have seen in about 30 years. Truly. We usually only get 2-3 inches that lasts about a day so this (now) 7 inches is crippling us - I fear we are going to DIE. lol but not lol in the same breath.

We still have some apples clinging on for dear life. Its been good for the birdies though as they struggle to find food. Feed your birds, dudes. They love apples, pears, chopped nuts and chopped raisinsThe back of our house.......... And yes, ok....we are not in 30 foot snow drifts but our roads on the estate are packed tight with snow and are ice rinks right now. They are so dangerous. Our local council have NOT even gritted our roads as they have run out of salt. Good job we can walk to our local supermarket, though....if not ski.


Good for skin tone, though.... all this whiteness.

Fortch, in the midst of boredom and snugging under blankets, I took a little time out to make a fun UTEE video which is taking 3746254869 hours to load up to youtube (so will, inev, post that tomorrow).

8 comments:

Bettyann said...

you crazy, funny woman..one of the ladies from Georgia is praying for the gulf stream to come back lol..snow looks good on you...here on the west coast of canada, it was cloudy and raining...

Di said...

Yep, we've had snow since just before Xmas. Only couple of inches up until last night and now woke up to several inches maybe even a foot or more actually and it's still snowing... blizzard like. In the deep south-eastern corner of england. Ha! I lived in Oslo for a few years way back when and the snow was never an issue ha! They're used to it. Just part of life. Can't ever see that being the case here. Good ole blighty! ;) Hope things improve so at least you can get back to your routine. I confess I'm happy as larry holed up with hubby working from home ;) x

Kate said...

You've got cabin fever? We've got it too!! We had Muppet Treasure Island for Christmas. OH battled out today for littlest one to have flu jab but other than that we haven't been out for days. Fingers crossed for schools to be open on Monday. ** Kate **

Susan said...

Ditto your Snow moan! I just want life to get back to normal! I will never moan about life again - well, thats a little white lie cos I'm sure I will!
And just to add further insult its started snowing again - Grrrrrrr!
Keep warm and try to keep sane!
SuzyX

debbie (r61) said...

have just done exactly the same thing with my metal ruler, we have 9 inches in the back garden on top of packed ice, me not likey, meant i couldn't go to my crop today

hello gorgeous said...

LUSH apple tree pic! ;o) x

Linda Beeson said...

The snow is gorgeous! Love your projects too.

Anonymous said...

6 inches? Haha. We had 61 cms in one snowfall before Xmas - that's 24 inches. More snow a few days after that. No school closures, work closures, etc. We just carry on. I walked to work one day because the roads were bad and it was -37 Celsius outside. I didn't want to get stuck in that temperature and have to wait for a tow truck. Walking was fine - just bundle up and keep moving. Enjoy your blog! ~ A Canuck