Ladies Camera Club

1 Dec 2009

Some more makery

I made this card this afternoon with some acetate, pearlised card in a lovely olive green and a stamp that I bought on Saturday. Now I cannot, for the life of me, remember which company I bought it from. It just came in a grip seal bag with a cream card inside with the image stamped on it. The stamp is a clear one (that doesn't stick very well to the perspex) but nevertheless I love it.

I stamped on a strip of white card first and adhered it to the green card. Then I added a black scalloped border (Martha Stewart of course). I wrapped a length of red ribbon around the card and acetate to stop it flopping wide open. Then I attached a piece of acetate over the top and stuck red bling over where the berry bits are. Of course I am completely stupid because mistletoe is WHITE but I rather like to think that its a ripe Mistletoe, OK?

I think this might just be my preferred Christmas card to family and friends this year.

And now - Peels offs............!!!!
Ooooh you can sense peel off snobbery a mile off. They are the marmite of the card making industry in the UK and a taboo subject for the scrapbooker.
But me?
I can take them or leave them although I do favour the black and white ones more.
However I did spy these absolute beauties this weekend at the Port Sunlight Happy Stampers fair and couldn't resist banging them on a bit of acetate to show off it beauteous potential.

Its only a little card, nothing offensive - just a peel off that can add a touch of whimsy on a very simple card.

Converted, yet?

also...........

Guest designing for BellBoo:
I love the name BellaBoo... of course we all know that's one of the many names I call our wee Ellie (Belle for comforts!)

So this month I got to play with the Sass! Hasn't that line of papers come leaps and bounds from virtual horror (sorry, but I used to really hate it). The edges are simply the icing on the cake and mixed with Cleos quirky sense of style... this kit is going to rock your quirky world.

Look at my girl with he pooch. This layout is called co depend.

I thought I was dead clever when I spied that the lettering on the Fancy Pants circle alpha paper had an area spelling Nan. So a Nan layout was born!

The papers are so whimsical so I made a layout in honour of the fairground noises going on in her head. Isnt she a beaut?

This salmon pink and yellow combo made me clap with joy.

But my fave layout is this one below... simple but oh so bold.


Go and treat yourself to a kit HERE

And lastly - freebie time:
Im a list girl. I make about 3 or 4 a day. Its how I live my life....lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

What better way to make lists and be inspired than use these babies below. Download HERE, and print out (its a simple jpeg image... you needn't open it in any programme.... just press print) and start making those dreams and wishes come true.

Click on the image to read the fine print! He heeeeeee xx
Edited to add: My friend Carol sent this download link to one of her colleagues this afternoon and she printed it out as she is the QUEEN of list making! Look how happy she is.
How quick are you lot off the mark?
Go on, make a list and free your mind!

1 comment:

Jaki Morris said...

Well hello! It may be nearly two years since you posted this, but I just printed off the keep calm and make lists as I LURVE lists
Jaki,
I'll keep calm and carry on searching for mincemeat