Ladies Camera Club

18 Jul 2009

YUKS

Since tea time friday night I have felt like I have gone ten rounds with Mike Tyson. My body aches and feels really bruised, 5 ulcers have appeared in my mouth and all day Saturday I kept swanning in and out of consciousness, dozing on the sofa. I perked up for two hours after tea and felt fantastic but now I have flushed cheeks, a raging sore throat and my ears are on fire. Fortch I have no temperature so to speak, I just feel pathetic and unfocused.

Im getting stuff ready for a table top sale in Wilmslow tomorrow (12-4 if you are free to pop in and have a gander. Stamping up demos, Clarins gifts sets, hand made bags and crafts, craft supplies for sale etc. The address is here: Morley Green Club, Mobberley Road, Morley Green, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5NT) Im so excited about it, I can de-clutter this room and give somebody else the benefit of some nice craft goodies; so no time for Swine Flu!

My belle is at my mums and I am missing her really bad. She actually went and stayed there from Monday last week. Everyone knows the last week of school is all about games and DVD's and I wasn't going bring Ellie back from Mums to go back again this weekend - so she stayed. School gave their permission (thank god) and she has been in the care of my mum all this time and its really tough on me. That sweet girl is my absolute air and I choke without her. She is back next Friday though and I have some great things planned whilst she is off 6 weeks school hollies. I collected her school report yesterday and Mark and I are absolutely blown away by all the quotes from teachers saying that she is a pleasure to teach and that she has impeccable manners and behaviour. What more could a mother want? I also took her 3 favourite teaching assistant a gift each from her yesterday but if I am totally honest, this buying a "teacher a gift" lark is costing the earth, especially with secondary school where she has 13 teachers. We never did it in my day. I mean, we are truly grateful for everything they do but the sheer pressure on Ellie to conform is unbelievable. It costs a bomb when you do and if you don't, the other kids show disdain that you didn't provide. Seriously, its almost a mob culture.

Im going to finish up gathering supplies to sell tomorrow and get a good nights sleep and hope this fatigue vanishes overnight. In the mean time, here is a little card I made for my girl tonight which I will post to my Mums and surprise her. She is having a wonderful time by the seaside. Her appetite is immense whilst she is there and she gets spoiled rotten with affection. Thats totally what Grannies are for, you know?And finally a little soupcon of a mini shoot I did of my preggo friend, Sharon. She is about to burst that tummy into life in two weeks so I offered her a gift of before and after pictures of her bump and impending girly fluff ball.I love little Harry's excitement for the arrival of his baby sis, which he sweetly named "Love Baby". Sniff sniff.

Hugs and snots x

9 comments:

Houston said...

Oh doll, get better very soon... and the bit about the gifts, I too think it's insanity.

Jan C. said...

Boo on the flu! Can't be having that in the middle of July, for heaven's sake!

Our kids have been out for their summer break since early June and don't go back till late August. I do hate the end of the year and the teacher gifts. One year one of the mom's in my youngest son's class just asked everyone to donate $5 or $10 and she bought a number of store gift cards, then crafted up a bouquet of paper flowers with the cards in them. How's that for a snazzy gift? And it was not too bad on the pocketbook for the parents.

bettyann said...

take care of yourself..you may be missing your girl..but I would miss you if you are sick..get better and get some rest...

Anonymous said...

Glad its not just me feels that way about teachers gifts! Though I cheat (and save money) by getting the kids to make something. All excited about the sale today - am hoping to pop in if I can escape the kids!
Oh, and the card you made for Ellie is just the best!

Karen Rel
Blog stalker

Dylan said...

Sweetie Princessa, if I was there I coulkd lick your face to cool you down..!!! Have a good day, just spoke to Lisa T, it,ll b ace. Blog award over at mine for you.xxxxx mwah mwah mwah

Sharon Speakman said...

Hi Kirsty. Lovely to see you on Friday. Thanks for the pics - the ones on your blog are gorgeous! Very special memories - thank you. Get well soon sweetie and plenty rest whilst Belle is away to make you better then you can spend special time together during the holidays!

The Craft Oracle said...

Seems this bugs getting about... I too struggle with teachers gifts but for the last 2 years they have had to have my 'hand made' gifts ... Worked in a school a couple of years back and realised a teacher gets lots of the same stuff whereas something hand made felt so much more personal... after all the lovely stuffs you make I'm sure like me you have a box full ... Give it to the Teachers lol...

Barbara said...

Hi, hope you are feeling better and that your table top sale went well - that's if you made it!
Those hats look lovely, I've tried the crochet flowers and they are easy - even I can do them. There's no need to get a book though - just google for freebie patterns.
Your post about the brave men and women in our Armed Forces had me choked. I am so proud of the people of Wooten Bassett and would like to think that they represent our nation in the respect and gratitude that they have shown for these brave men and their families. I did 17 years in the RAF with many detachments to RAF Lyneham and know the area well.
Rise above the anonymous comments out there Kirsty, they only represent and very small minority.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

glad it is not the flu virus as you were able to ix with your pregnant friend [ lovely photo!] and do your sale so that is great. Hope whatever little germs it was have long left you now!