Ladies Camera Club

9 Jul 2009

Lil pick me ups

I made these cards this morning after I had gruellingly killed myself at the gym and before I went out to lunch with Sarah.

I love yellow, its such a happy colour. The gingham and daisy patterned card is glittered which, of course, made it that extra blingy spesh!!Im in love with this birthday cake stamp which I printed three times and mounted on to borwn cardstock. I used my stickles brown glitter doofery thingy and added a swoosh to each of my cheeks before I went out to lunch, whilst I was at it. I looked hot!
The paper is made from a roll of wallpaper that I bought but thinking about it, Ill never use it all... will I? Anyway, its really pretty and embossed and perfect for cards - NOT WALLS!

So, my friend Sarah.......
Ive been friends with her for for a couple of years now and its one of those friendships where we can go for months without seeing each other and yet pick up comfortably each time we see other again without any uncomfortable silences. She does make me laugh! She recently bought a camera and two really good lenses the other week and my job today was to get her out of using automatic. To be honest the pictures she was taking were already pretty impressive but by fine tuning the intricate details of the essentials (like white balance and ISO) she was off to a flying start mastering aperture priority. Hooray for fast learners!
Im such a fan of her vision and Im dead envious she is going to CHA at the end of the month where she will suck up all the new supplies for her A. Mazing. Kit club. I remember her kit club starting not so long back with a few regular followers and now she has to ship in extra hands to pack them all and stack em high (it is an unbelievable operation of heights scaling floor to ceiling balancing acts in death defying proportions). Pizza box towers should be the name of her offices! Needless to say I had a good old root in the shop this afternoon after a lovely chinese dinner, coffee and apple crumbly. Have you seen the gamma stamps she has from Basic Grey? LUMMY!

I came home via Hobby Craft (dangerous mission but I only bought two balls of wool...... Im going to be making a beanie hat with a flowery flourish - more on that to come!) and into the arms of my midget dog, beautiful girl and my cricket loving man. And we all lived happily for the next 24 hours until something crazy happened (it hasn't yet but it will - oh yes!)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kirsty, you have been knocking out some beautiful cards recently. Im totally inspired!

Zarah said...

Beautiful!! I especially LOVE the yellow one! :D

Ems said...

Do you live near Sarah, then? I didn't know that, you are so lucky to live near her shop.
Where are these gamma stamps you talk about, then? Im a sucker for stamps!

Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely ribbony cards....but please, do tell... how do you get them to wrap around the front of the card? Do you make a slit in the fold or what exactly? Would love it if you could tell us your ribbon secrets on your blog.....

.....here's hoping!

Thanks very muchly.

Anonymous said...

you shop at Hobbycraft...yey for you!
love to the curlygirl
Lulubelle x

Tip Top said...

Hehehehe! I have some of that wallpaper! I actually nicked a 'sample' bit from B&Q a fair while ago!

Juls said...

such great cards, lobe the yellow one it is so bright and cheerful!

Anonymous said...

童裝批發
童裝批發
童裝
童裝
酒店喝酒
暑假打工
寒假打工
酒店經紀人
酒店現領
禮服店
酒店小姐
酒店兼職
酒店上班
酒店兼職
禮服店
酒店上班
酒店打工
酒店小姐
酒店經紀
酒店兼差
假日打工
台北酒店經紀
寒暑假打工
專業酒店經紀
酒店藝名
台北酒店
酒店日保
酒店入行
台北禮服店
酒店類型
酒店午場
酒店規定
酒店行政

Angela W said...

Very cute cards! The yellow is fab! I love the wire or string for the butterfly!

Anonymous said...

免費a片 a片 免費av 色情影片 情色 情色網 色情網站 色情 成人網成人圖片成人影片 18成人 av av女優avav女優情慾 走光 做愛 sex H漫 情色 情趣用品 情色 a片 a片 成人網站 成人影片 情趣用品 情趣用品アダルトアダルト アダルトサイト アダルトサイト 情趣用品
補正下着