Ladies Camera Club

5 Jun 2009

Tea Partaaay

I think the whole world and his dog knows how much I have been raving about the preparation for our tea partay yesterday. It was for an article that I write monthly in Crafts Beautiful magazine and even though maybe one photo will go in the whole thing, I couldn't care too much because we had a lovely time.
I baked and prepared food that was fit for any fine English afternoon tea using my new and old crockery. Fortunately the weather was glorious and the shade was ample to sit out and enjoy the food without it ruining in the heat. I put up my bunting (which I bought from Debbie), dressed the table with a white linen cloth and grabbed my ramekins for serving small treaty morsels in. I used my spotty jug and cake tier stand, my silver cake stand, mini cake stand and decorated the table with other pretty objects to give Ellie the treat of her life. You should have seen her! Her birthday is in November and hardly a time to sit in the garden enjoying treats of this fashion so you can imagine how much she loved this! Mark helped me set up and make dainty ham sammiches (or as Belle calls them Hamble Sambles) and he also brewed up. The boy just begged and was rewarded handsomly! Btw, those hairy legs are Marks, not mine.I made name places, an invitation for ellie....... and then stuck these little hand made flags in each cake and bowl. Nice freaky "one eye bigger than the other, Kirsty!"
I can't wait for you to sample the free tea party stationary download in July over here. But it will only be available for one month only so please indulge (of course, I will put a reminder on my blog to let you all know!).

Finally I have a winner for the spotty plate. Chosen from the number generator site, I entered between 1 and 70 and it threw this out for me:

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers: 42 Timestamp: 2009-06-05 21:52:27 UTC

The winner is this comment here: Sue Ramsay - can you mail me your address please... and congratcho!

Oh really, this is the final finally... ok? Totally scored this youtube vid (currently doing the rounds on various blogs). I wish I was this clever:


19 comments:

Amelie said...

omg i actually laughed out loud when you said they were marks legs! LOL.
looooove the tea party! gorgeous.

Kerry said...

Lovely tea party. Do you have a recipe for the icing on the cupcakes?

D@nielle said...

it looks great ! so are you coming to mine, I'm emailing you ;)

Linby said...

love the marshmellows on cocktail sticks with choccy -great idea

Debbie said...

I wanna come to tea - that looks fantastic - where did you get the red and white cupcake cases?

Sue Ramsay said...

Oh wow - cant believe I won this gorgeous spottiness! I never win an argument even so this is a surprise lol. Will email you address Kirsty and many thanks
Sue x

Tip Top said...

Wow! You are the best Mummy in the world!!

Annette said...

Congrats to Sue on winning the cake stand. Love the cakes - my mouth is watering - just how do you make that icing????? Share please!

Jo E said...

That tea looks scrummy. It's been peeing with rain here so you are making me green with envy!

Houston said...

Wowzers, that video took a TON of time! The tea party looks like it was divine!

Anonymous said...

MMMmmmmm your tea party looks great and so jummy!!
Love the video too, great idea and it must have taken forever to make it, wow!

Henriëtte KB

Kim Dellow said...

Tee Hee, Love the piccies but I think you have something on your nose :) Kim

Debbie said...

It looks like my kind of tea!! :D The bunting looks fab and i NEED one of those cake stands!

Jo said...

That all just looks amazingly gorgeous :)

jo xx

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Wonderful summer tea party. :)
The paint finally dried and I could post my lifts with a picture of the monitor showing your layout and my take by its side. I´m funny like that. :D Thanks for the inspiration.

http://keepitsimplemakeitgreat.blogspot.com/2009/06/june-week-1.html

stephanie howell said...

KIRSTY! that tea party was lovely!!

Angela W said...

Everything looks awesome! Great pics, nice icing on your nose! LOL!

Cazzy said...

Great tea party and the spotty plate looks fab!

Cazzy x

Anonymous said...

免費a片 a片 免費av 色情影片 情色 情色網 色情網站 色情 成人網成人圖片成人影片 18成人 av av女優avav女優情慾 走光 做愛 sex H漫 情色 情趣用品 情色 a片 a片 成人網站 成人影片 情趣用品 情趣用品アダルトアダルト アダルトサイト アダルトサイト 情趣用品
補正下着