So Ive started what will be the longest haul-out of my life in order to get rid of the "ugh" feeling every time I walk through the damn door. Im opting to keep my fave pretties because Im not really anal if its old supplies or not. Some papers do date with regards to pattern and style but papers with spots and stripes will last a lifetime in the desirable stakes. I refuse to throw any left over used paper away because, you know when that nuclear attack strikes, I aint going to be bored of nothing to do. Well, what I meant to say was, I will prob make cards with the leftovers. Cos If I managed to use it on a layout, Im more likely to love it on a card too.
My ribbon jars look pretty but lets face it, they are not practical. Im going to turf the lot out, bag them again and store them in a box as I don't use them every second of the day. In the ribbons place I think Im going to fill with chipboard, jewels, tags, embroidery threads, flowers etc. Eeeeek, just typing all of this is sending me in a right tizz because I know its going to take hours - hours I don't have.
Im teaching this weekend and Im wanting to get straight before I leave. If you are at a loose end on Saturday and live in Leeds, pop over to Craftwork cards where I will be making mini pizza boxes and spinning cards (2 hour workshop). And if you are free on Sunday and live in the Harrogate area and want to play with my new product (weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!) we will be making layouts and cards with it - you will be the first to play/see/touch it too (5 hour workshop - oh and it s my birthday on Sunday too!...cake, cake, cake! ) The phone numbers are at the top of my blog post - do pop along.
And finally I can't go without making a fuss of the lovely emails and comments today. Sometimes things come to boiling point and although I worry about venting (you know, the recrimination/repercussion/ramifications of doing such a thing) it actually cleared my choking feeling and refreshed the soul. Thank you so so much. I was honestly expecting to wake up to a barrage of unappealing questions and of course was pleasantly surprised.
**Ok added this as its doing the rounds on blogs right now - 25 things you might not know about me.
- I am very freckly in the summer and I love them - I think they look cheeky.
- I hate watery veg/fruit like melon, cucumber, celery etc....vom. Don't get me started on sprouts (I know they are not watery but still - they are the devils footballs.
- I often scrap my layouts without photos, I add them last thing along with the title.
- I even scrap 5 at a time (I can fit 5 in a row on my work top) so I don't get bored as Im going along.
- I only shoot in Manual even though AV mode can be better at times - I HATE ISO over 100. Even if properly exposed. And I doubly hate using my flash....gruesome.
- I can turn my eyelids inside out and make them stick for a few moments.
- When I need some serious me time or indeed time out, I go up to bed and hide under the duvet even if I can't breath under there.
- I love peanut butter on toast - the crunchier the mix the better.
- I am last minute dot com. I thrive on deadlines but one day I will get my head around about being "previous" and deadlines will be a thing of the past.
- I go to bed late. On my way to bed I always stop by Belles room, tuck her up like a Burrito, kiss her and often make her talk to me, like "I love you darling", "are you dreaming nice things" etc only to secretly laugh at the random things she comes out with. I love sleepy child talk.
- I am picky about toilet cleanliness - you could eat your dinner off ours, even lick it; it's that clean.
- I recently (like in the last 2 years) became the queen of pastry making. My secret? Half fat and half butter and never use my hands to rub in the mix. I use a knife to bind the fats with the flour and only when it comes to rolling out do I run my hands under very cold water. Perfect pastry needs very little handling and this is why its my king dish.
- My hazel eye colours differ a little. My right eye is more browner than the left eye which is more greener - freak, I know.
- I desperately wanted a little girl when I got preggo in 1995 (was one of those unplanned, out of wedlock numbers = shot gun wedding! Romantic I know but when I talk about weddings and babies - you can see people adding up the time difference!) When Ellie was born we knew she would be called Ellie, however if she had been born with red hair we would have actually called her Amber (I have auburn streaks under that fake blonde!). We fought over boys names - I wanted George and Mark wanted Leigh. And even though Mark has had a vasectomation, Id love it if I got preggo again.
- I love the skin off a roast chicken. I know its a heart attack waiting to happen but I loves!
- I am the oldest out of my siblings. My sister is next and then my Bro. We all joined the RAF and my bro and sis are still serving. I am pro the armed forces and still think this country should bring back National Service.
- I grew up in England, Scotland and Wales - Wales being the last place I spent my childhood.
- I hadn't been on an aeroplane until I was 18. And then that was when I got posted to RAF Ascension island in the mid Atlantic.
- I have conquered Ben Nevis! I cried all the way down as I was in agony.
- My dream holiday would be to go to Kenya/Mozambique to watch the sun set behind acacia trees. Tony Hudson pictures take me there for now.
- Sometimes I wish I could give up photography and crafting to go back to office work with teams of people. I am very much a people person and working on my own at home drives me mad. However, with the amount of time Belle has in hozzy, no employer would take me on for the amount of time off I would need so I continue to work from home.
- I have a tattoo, on my right botty cheek - its a little birdy and I had it done when I got wasted on my 21st birthday. My dad went ape!
- I like sparkly pretties and most recently I have grown to adore victoriana supplies such as Melissa Frances products, Jenni Bowlin, Webster Pages and Primas antiquey flowers.
- I have a carft robo and still don't know how to use the damn thing properly
- I like baths - scalding hot, lots of bubbles and candles and always have half an hour snooze on my bed when I get out.