Ladies Camera Club

1 Jan 2009

A sparkly new year

ooooh its all new and shiny - full of possibilities and hope?
Well, isnt it?
Hmmmmmmmm.
Yuh.
Righty.

So.

Another year rolls by as swift and eventful as the last.
And today I feel pretty normal.
I didn't anticipate the stroke of midnight to hit my life like a bolt of lightening and sprinkle the magic I need/want all over my christmas chubbed body.
I didn't feel the need to rush to my calendar/diary and flip the page over to reveal the start of the new year.
And I have no designs to try and make this blog post profound, prolific nor plastic about my aspirations for 2009 either (or do I wish to recall the highs and lows of 2008 too).
What happened, happened.
And what happens in 2009, will just happen too.
I think that trying to orchestrate your life can be full of the pitfalls that tarnishes the lustre which can ultimately break the soul. Its stands to reason that Im a massive fan of anyone who can be so optimistic and deal with the blows that happens from time to time.
But Im not one of those people.
Which means that yes, I admit, I am a pessimist which also means we (as in me and the whole other bunch of pessimists out there) are NEVER disappointed. To me, its kind of funny! Look ........... -> IM NEVER DISAPPOINTED!!!
So instead of all the wishing and the hoping for 2009 Im just going to plod on in the usual Kirsty Wiseman fashion and see where those winding paths take me/us. Don't get me wrong, Im not sat here under a dark cloud or anything. There are some wonderful opportunities open to us here at our cosy lil 3 bedroom semi. Im pretty excited about them but when you are involved in a very unstable industry/UK Medical System/Financial crisis - you kind of don't get over excited about anything until it actually happens. And being "the pessimist" means that I won't be disappointed about that neither, although sometimes its more a case of being "not suprised" instead. God, Im laughing at myself as I type this. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Well anyway, we toasted the New Year in with both our parents after a gruelling round of the 1980's edition of Triv. You know how insane it can drive you when you have all the pies/cheeses/triangles and are trying to get to the centre to round the game off? I wanted to kill myself at that point.
It.
Took.
For-friggin-ever.
My will to live had reached critical and with 10 minutes to midnight ticking away, it reminded me to sort the fizz for the gang. And as much as watching the countdown to the new year looks the bloody same every flaming year (ie: watching Big Ben and crowds gather at Westminster to watch the occasion ....oooh, except when it used to be held at Trafalgar Square but that was ages and ages ago) I couldn't help but feel a tinge of emotion as the clanging bells of Big Ben struck its mighty 12 dongs (snigger) to knock the hell out of 2008 and ring in the wonder of 2009.

He was awake one minute (standing in my fave pose with one leg hooked under his proud chest)
and sparko the next. Not sure if he well at the moment. He is a bit lethargic today after kindly upchucking over my bedroom carpet. His breath and fur is a bit stanky
We shall see what 2009 brings and deal with it bit by bit.
And Im sure I'll blog every step of the journey as often as I can.

Gotta go, Ive just got to watch the rest of "As good as it gets". I love this film mainly because I identify with Helen Hunts role as a Momma on a medical nightmare and that Jack Nicholson makes me wet myself laughing.

13 comments:

Jozza said...

Aw happy new year from one pessimist to another!

xxx

PS. Eddie is just the cutest!

Deanne said...

happy new year from our household to yours xxx

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you too, Northern Chick!
Lulubelle x

Cath said...

Wishing you every happiness for 2009 xxx

Rach said...

Happy New Year hun xxx

Rosie (Freycob) said...

It is indeedy 2009 hun! May it be a good one for you all.

From the 4.5 Guthries to the 3.5 Wismans with love. xxx

michele said...

I try, I really try, but i am the ever hopeful optimist(pessimist when it goes pear shaped!) I always hope for the best and get the disapointment..."i Wanna be like you, o,o..." as the song goes!!lol! I wish you all a happy new year with hugs and bells on!!
hugs mx

Brook said...

Happy New Year. All my boys were out hunting, so I had a really quiet night of doing inventory at my LSS and then toasting with my dogs.

Sharon Speakman said...

Happy New Year Kirsty & Family. Hope you have a very prosperous and creative 2009! Sharon x x x

said...

wow gold
wow gold
eve isk
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
warhammer gold
warhammer power leveling
bestchina traveland
uggsor
ghd straighteners

Cardi Ugg Boots
Classic Short Ugg Boots

Classic Tall Ugg Boots
Metallic Ugg Boots

Mini Ugg Boots
Sundance Ugg Boots

tiffany Jewelry

said...

wow gold
wow gold
eve isk
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
warhammer gold
warhammer power leveling
bestchina traveland
uggsor
ghd straighteners

Cardi Ugg Boots
Classic Short Ugg Boots

Classic Tall Ugg Boots
Metallic Ugg Boots

Mini Ugg Boots
Sundance Ugg Boots

tiffany Jewelry

crazyloko said...

cell phonesThis phenomenom is typified by mobile phonethe rise ofbusiness. Incredible range of products available with China Wholesale “Low Price and High Quality” not only reaches directly to their target clients worldwide but also ensures that cheap cell phones wholesale from China means margins you cannot find elsewhere and China Wholesale will skyroket your profits.

Anonymous said...

免費a片 a片 免費av 色情影片 情色 情色網 色情網站 色情 成人網成人圖片成人影片 18成人 av av女優avav女優情慾 走光 做愛 sex H漫 情色 情趣用品 情色 a片 a片 成人網站 成人影片 情趣用品 情趣用品アダルトアダルト アダルトサイト アダルトサイト 情趣用品
補正下着