Ladies Camera Club

22 Jan 2009

Feeling virtuous

I love the feeling of being organised.
Note the word feeling.
When I used to serve in the RAF some hundred years ago, I was super efficient, organised and proud but when I became a (neurotic) momma, it all fell to the wayside. Somehow I lost my zest to dettol every surface in the house and prioritise my life within a nano second of accuracy. Now I just make lists and thrive on a deadline although I have to say Im still a neat freak. I suppose I live my life on nervous energy but secretly love the challenge even though sometimes I think I burst a blood vessel from the urgency.
And so with less than 20 hours to go before I fly off this frozen island, Im more or less sorted. Plus I only got my Studio Calico kit yesterday (about a week later than normal...customs, grrrr!) which had me in a bit of a panic because I didn't want to leave without doing a few layouts. I stayed awake last night til 2am churning out 4 layouts and a project; Im in the middle of doing two more which has left me feeling very smug with myself. Ive got my dollars, Ive got a few essentials from the shops to take with me (and choc for the Studio Calico girls....and boy!) and Ive just to dry off a pair of trousers and a blouse, pack it and prick it and mark it with B etc etc - then I am done.
Im driving to my freinds house tonight who conveniently lives less than 2 miles from Manchester airport (thanks Jane xx) and stay over for pre-flight shenanigans. Im packing Ellies Flip Video (just in case I get an exclusive with Paris Hilton who is launching her own range of craft products oh and Jane Seymour will be there too.... talk about celebsville), my mac attack (for blog updates and sneak shares-ies), my Ipod, countless mags and pics of my guys as I will miss them so, so much. Even the pooch who had his stitches out today, little love.
Its real sad that one of my fave scrap companies wont be there (scenic route) but I hope to drop by SEI, Maya Road and Basic Grey (come on, they are my no 1 favvo's). I may just sweep by American Crafts, October Afternoon, Sassafrass and last but by no means least Wubie prints (ok, I was joking about Wubie prints, yuk...do you remember those?). There wont be much scrap celeb spotting as my fave, Ali is preggo and about to download, Cathy never goes and even Elsie is off the scene. So this trip is purely a dedication of Studio Calico and the DT plus soaking up as much new stuff as the eye can take.
Ill prolly update with Im in Cali-forn-I-A.
Toodle ooooo.

21 comments:

Jozza said...

So jealous!!! Have a fab time! x

Tracie H said...

Have fun and travel safe - bring back some of the So Cal sunshine for us please!

sharon said...

you had me chuckling at the "bursting a blood vessel to meet a dealine"..I thought it twas only me who did that..ha!
Lucky lucky girl..wish i was comin ...have a fantabulous time!/x

Kath said...

Have a great trip Kirsty and enjoy....enjoy...enjoy and if by chance you bump into the King himself...he who has to be idolised.....the one and only TH...tell him Kath said HELLO
Hugs
Kath
xxxxx

Angela W said...

Have a great time! I wish I could go and meet all of the SC gals! Maybe next time! Can't wait to hear more!

Terrie B x said...

Oh My Kirsty!!!`Wow` Wow `WoW`
Have a `fantastic` time...
Safe journey..lots of love `sweet cheeks`.:)~X~

Gayle said...

Hi Kirsty

Stroke some paper for me, and have an absolute BLAST!
Luv'n'Hugs
Gayle x

michele said...

Have a fab time kirsty! sooo jealous! safe journey hugs mx

Lynn said...

Have a great time Kirsty!! Customs stopped my SC box this month too :(

Jo E said...

Have yourself a fabbo time. Can't wait to see your posts from your trip.

weewiccababe said...

have a terrific time, can't wait to hear all about it.

Julie M said...

Have fun, Kirsty (only admitting to slight jealousy!!!). Don't drool all over the BG - I'll want at least some to reach the stores!!!

Deanne said...

have a fantastic time honey, chill chill and more chill i say :) x

Rach said...

I'm so jealous, I'm so jealous!!!!

I would ask if you could sneak me in your case, but there ain't no chance of me and my big weeble belly fitting!

Have a fab time, and really hope to have some baby news for when you get home xxx

Jo said...

wow :) have a super safe and fantastic trip! :)

jo xx

Brook said...

Have fun at CHA. My gals from The Crafty Scrapper will be there checking out the wares. Say hi to Lisa Pace and Caroline at Maya Road and the gals at 10 sec studio. I always love visiting with them.

Sharon Speakman said...

Oh Wow how fantastic you're going to CHA again. Take me with you now!!!!! Please!!!!! See you when you're back for a brew and a catch up. Take care sweetie. Are you having your birthday abroad again? When is the big day? It's soon i think.... Sharon x x x

Anonymous said...

cant wait to read your USA blogs-will be dribbling over my keyboard with jealousy(did you take an empty suitcase with you, for all the lubbly stash?????)
stay safe
Lulubelle x

said...

wow gold
wow gold
eve isk
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
warhammer gold
warhammer power leveling
bestchina traveland
uggsor
ghd straighteners

Cardi Ugg Boots
Classic Short Ugg Boots

Classic Tall Ugg Boots
Metallic Ugg Boots

Mini Ugg Boots
Sundance Ugg Boots

tiffany Jewelry

said...

wow gold
wow gold
eve isk
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
warhammer gold
warhammer power leveling
bestchina traveland
uggsor
ghd straighteners

Cardi Ugg Boots
Classic Short Ugg Boots

Classic Tall Ugg Boots
Metallic Ugg Boots

Mini Ugg Boots
Sundance Ugg Boots

tiffany Jewelry

Anonymous said...

免費a片 a片 免費av 色情影片 情色 情色網 色情網站 色情 成人網成人圖片成人影片 18成人 av av女優avav女優情慾 走光 做愛 sex H漫 情色 情趣用品 情色 a片 a片 成人網站 成人影片 情趣用品 情趣用品アダルトアダルト アダルトサイト アダルトサイト 情趣用品
補正下着