Ladies Camera Club

2 Jul 2006

Tears of joy, tears of sadness

Ive cried buckets this weekend. Lots of reasons, some of them too personal to share but let me share this one terrific joy! Ellenor sat for me! She really did - look at these pictures. Her photophobia will probably be with her for life but she was brave yesterday plus she wanted to show off her hair. I, personally love her rose bud lips the most and let me tell you - they are so kissy wissy!
Out of ... wait for it....... over 200 shots, these are the best. This is such good news. I love digi cameras. Hell knows what I would have done if we had only 35mm. All I know is that we would have reels of film with Ellie blinking or squinting. Long live the digi camera. And hey - Nikon. I really would like a D200. I have a brand new sigma 24mm 1.8 lens ready to fit to you.
So, the tears if sadness? Well it doesn't take a blind man on a galloping horse to work that baby out. England bowed out of the World cup on penalties. I personally think they played a bloody marvellous game (defensively, anyway) even though were down to 10 men cos bad boy Rooney got sent off. There is a masso debate as to whether he was provoked and perhaps he was but one fact remains. He is one hell of a diva on a hissy fit. Its like watching Gazza all over again. Curb your temper Rooney or take up Rugby or boxing.
Mark wasn't home this weekend so Belle and I watched it together. I kept ringing my mum who said she couldnt watch. We both felt sick but I had to peep through my fingers becuase had we of won, I wanted to be able to tell my grandchildren the minute by minute blow of the game. I was supposed to be going to round to Sarahs at 5pm but had to stay and watch extra time and the shoot out and I used my trusty camera to record the event in the hope of a win. Bella and I savoured the moments and here a just a few out of the 60 shots I took. I refused to take any pics of the cheating portuguese bullies so its just my boys and us: **Damn - blogger won't let me upload any more pictures. Perhaps the system is Portuguese based and is offended by my hateful remarks**. I think I'll upload them tomorrow. Night y'all.

11 comments:

Anam said...

your daugther is beautiful :)

Galaxy Girl said...

Kirsty my love,

Fabbie-licious piccs of your Belle, good she is a beauty.

Kym

Galaxy Girl said...

Okay, that was supposed to be god not good.

Kym

Lianne said...

Wow Kirsty, how fab that Ellie sat for you! She looks lovely!

Lianne xxx

suebaru said...

Love the pics of Ellie xx

Cami said...

Hi Kirsty, found your blog on someone's else' favs....just blog surfing today, thought I'ld say hi :)
I must say your lil girl is a total cutie patootie!! too bad she doesn't like to have he picture taken more often. Congrats on your DT's & pubs...go you!!!
Great blog! you are a fun writer!

Anonymous said...

love the pics.Hard to imagine her not liking having her pic taken as you've go some lovely ones of her.Hopefully she'll get used to it.

Anonymous said...

didn't want to be anon. but don't know how to register.Don't want my own blog so not sure what to do.By the way its julie.

Roz Roz said...

Kirsty, Ellie looks stunning, she is a real corker.

Big hugs for you when you need them.

Jen said...

ROFL! Yep, must be a Portuguese website :D Sorry you are sad :( BIG HUGS FROM ME xxxx And oh, sorry to gloat, but the France/Brazil match was divine.....

Paula said...

Lovely hair do, she is so graceful.