Ladies Camera Club

3 Jul 2006

Shooting Mike

Isnt he one moody little cutie dude? This is my lovely friend's son - Mike (*waves to Julie*). What's great about Mike, Julie and I is that we like rock music and I knew as soon as I discovered that ntoion that he wanted the moody "album cover" look to compliment this. So we shot like billy-o and he was my first moody boy shoot and Im over the moon. Julie, his mum, told me prior to the booking that he was up for posing and I was worried that I'd have a guy checking out his every look in mirrors and windows. But no - he was so darn cool and although we got lots of moody shots he also has a terrific smile. Im so pleased with myself, I really do have to keep pinching my arms. Surreal day, all in all. I had such a great time that I spent lunch with them and found that Mike actually is in a band. So I can see myself as their roady photographer in future. Don't forget the little people when you are raking in your platinum album sales, ok?

Also - Im so excited about this - Im awaiting the approval of a piece of music to use on my photography site. Having this piece of music will fill me with so much happiness and in turn, send shivers down your spines too. I love music. It conveys as much emotion combined with photography as it does through sound alone. Initially I was plumming for "For once in my life" by Steve Wonder until I re-discovered a piece of music from one of my all time favvo films. Im not going to tempt fete by telling you just incase I dont get permission.
Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me, will ya?
btw - Julie and Mike... click on the pictures to make them bigger! I chose two of my fave shots for you to sneak a peek before I convert the rest before Friday xx

16 comments:

Clare said...

flippin heck Kirky those are totally stunning! you are one clever photo lady dude.

Andrea said...

Fab photos Kirsty and cute boy!

Anonymous said...

julie said
thats my boy, isn't he gorgeous.But I'm biased.Had a fantastic day and can't wait to see the rest later in the week.Going to get kirsty to work her magic on my daughter who loves having her pic taken and her boyfriend who doesn't-will be a challenge.

suebaru said...

Wow! Fab photos again Kirsty!

Sarah said...

Superdy dooperdy hun - you must be so pleased

domestic goddess said...

lovely photos hun xxx

Lianne said...

I absolutely LOVE these photos, they are stunning!

Lianne xxx

Kelly said...

fab piccies i love them, i cant wait to you visit me lol lol

you should be ok with music on site -loads get them if you have any prbs let me know (its my job i might be able to help)

Jools said...

Wow- I know Mike and you have captured him perfectly. You are one very talented lady.
Fantastic

Jen said...

OOh er! You are a pro :) Luv em, and I bet Mike does too!

Anam said...

beautiful :) love the 2nd on sitting at the tree :) gorgeous :)

Cath said...

Stunning photography! Stunning model! Well done girly!!!

Paula said...

Wonderful mood photographs. They say so much with an image.

Missy said...

Wowzers those absolutely look like album cover shots. Good for you!!!

Roz Roz said...

2nd attempt at posting on here, sorry if it repeats.

FAbby shots, that boy is so gorg / cool.

Keeping fingers, eyes and toes crossed you get the permission you seek.

Roz Roz said...

2nd attempt at posting on here, sorry if it repeats.

FAbby shots, that boy is so gorg / cool.

Keeping fingers, eyes and toes crossed you get the permission you seek.