Ladies Camera Club

7 Jul 2006

School Fete

Darn, i never took cam-ay-rouge (my name for the camera) but the school fete was fab. Ellie had a ball just buying crap - you know old toys, toiletries that people have had stashed in the airing cupboards since 1981 and even more crappo 2nd hand teddies that need a good rinse in the washing machine. kids love crap. Its their in-built "wind your mother up" mechanism. I had a stall there promoting my photography and lets say there is potential. It was nice watching people admiring my stuff especially as Im one of these mums who goes into school and out without chitter chatter and gossip. People assume Im just as regular as the rest of them and I totally am. Its just that I like taking pictures too!
Ellie brought home her school report too. We are just as proud as we were last year. Ellie is the bottom in everything!!! And guess what - we don't care!! We love the fact that for every subject they marked her on, the quote stating that "she always tries her best" is good enough for us. I aint going to be a mum who gushes over her triumphs and tribulations cos basically it will never happen. But that does not stop us discouraging her neither. I will not mould me child into my ideals. Ellie will be Ellie and she will live such a wonderful life because she has air in her lungs, sight in her eyes and a wonderful heart that pumps fun, love and happiness into our daily lives xx

12 comments:

Sarah said...

And you know what? Elle is TOP in love & cuddles & eveything else in life that MATTERS. She's a peach & I love her. I love how she holds your hand when people walk behind her & I love how she tells her mum she loves her just because. And the important thing is SHE TRIES HER HARDEST. I mean - who could ask for more?????

Ready to pound the gym tomoz babes???

Anam said...

you have the right attitude :) and becuase of that Ellie will always be wonderful.

Ams said...

Ellie is perfect in that she is just so pure and beautiful and amazing just the way she is.
and what does it matter what grades she gets becuase shes going to grow up knowing there is more to life than grades and marks.
xxx

Debbie said...

Hello Kirsty - stumbled on your blog whilst browsing - I remember buying a used Sizzix die off you a couple of years back which you offered for sale on a Forum. What a small world! LOL I think your philosophy with Ellie is great - my Son is 18 now and was never academic at school. Yet at all the parent evenings I went to the teachers said he tried his best and that is all kids can do. Am loving reading your blog and I see your talents just grow and grow :-) Keep up the good work :-)

julie said...

kirsty its either smiles or tears you bring to my face.Love the philosophy and you will celebrate her many triumphs what ever they are. And your not just an ordinary mum either xxx

pigglet said...

hi kirsty, just remember that triumphs come in all shapes and sizes and we should cheer and shout for all of them no matter how small or insignificant to others they may seem. send my congrats to ellie for a job well done at school, katys reports are due lets hope i can cheer too!!lol
christine

greyparrot said...

are you trying to make me blub?!
Ellis is doing just fine- she will find her niche one day and she will excel in whatever that may be- you just wait and see. A person who always tries their best is way better than someone who just can't be arsed- everyone loves a trier ;)
And she is so loved- that is all that matters -x-

Sue said...

LOl we had the primary school fair last week too..LOADSA crap!! LOL
As for report as far as i am concerned effort is the most important thing ! :) :)

Kel said...

Kirsty, that last sentence made me blart like a baby! Ellie is truly beautiful - inside and out - a trait she clearly shares with her parents :-)

Craftybanshee said...

Hi Kirsty,

I've been reading your blog for a few months now and thought I would 'de-lurk'. I think Ellie is gorgeous. Ellie will be fine because she has good parents like you and your hubby that love her. That's most important.

Anonymous said...

you make my cwy

Jen said...

You make ME cwy too! You know what? That's how my mum brought us up: to try our best and to be happy. And when DD came along I thought I'd be all competitive and that, but no, I just really really want her to be herslf and to try her best! I really do! Ellie is so blessed to have you as parents, and you are blessed to have her as your gorgeous daughter - she is Elle la Belle and that's who she'll be, carving out her own life. Love ya!