Ladies Camera Club

14 May 2006

Im baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I had a magic time at Bonzers and met everyone I could of wished to meet and squidged all those I promised to squidge. My classes went well (only one woman walked out cos she was an advanced scrap-a-roo and my classes were beginners). To be honest I didnt really want to teach beginner classes BUT it was lovely to be able to share ideas with newbies and have fun giggling and munching throughout the classes. And yes - to confirm to 3 of my emails this avvo, I fainted. I'd had 4 hours sleep that night, 5 hours the night before and was running around like a mad scrapper high on diamond glaze. Id been teaching twice that morning and subsequently went shopping in the sweltering shopping hall for some goodies for the "changing pages" challenge when I mentioned to Anna that I felt a bit funny. Next thing I know...... swooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon. Thanks for catching me Anna and Jo (NOT!!) as I lay on the floor wondering if I had fainted or just collapsed or died. Oooooo the shame of everyone staring - it made me cry and I begged Anna to tell everyone to go away cos they were staring (naturally ... I do!) That was worse than fainting (never fainted before - its quite exciting in hindsight!). Fortunately for me - Lemon was my wee angel and the one I absolutley insist on bringing me "round"in future. 5 minutes later Im getting my blood sugar and pressure checked. I was fine. Well, I must have been cos I was teaching 20 minutes later with 3 classes back to back. I loved it.
I finally met Annie who I have to say is just gorgeous. She was sharing a room with Mad Mandi whose classes were complete fabulousness. We all stepped in for Claire Camerons classes at very short notice and both Annie and I were given the extra SEI classes. Almost everyone had a real grumble about it because there was no technique but I thought it was FABBO. Basically it was a fully prepared kit to build an entire 8x8 album in an hour - achievable cos I did one that very morning, in 35 minutes! However, I think either Mandy or Annie or Anna or Suzanne has it so own up dudes ... I gave it to you by mistake!
I also got to meet Jane Dean for the very first time. We crossed on the stairs and I instantly recognised her! That cheered me up as I was feeling a wee bit rough. We walked to Dyans class and everyone was staring at Jane - this woman is plastered all over Scrapbook Inspirations - her work is scrummylish. It was like walking with royalty!
I never took any pics of my classes and I really wished I had. Anna has the best photos so Im waiting for copies to put on here. I wanted to meet absolutely everyone but time was insufficient. If i didnt recognise you can I just say that I was in a daze and feeling a little unwell. I was bloated, a bit nauseous but I had a bloody good time! Who needs to sleep anyway? I can do that when Im 6 feet under xxxxx

11 comments:

debbie said...

sounds like a fab weekend - sorry about the fainting though ('tis exciting though isnt it! sad eh?) LOL

Ann(i)e said...

What a blast!!! Loved hanging and laughing and being with you!!!
You my dear are scrummy and delicious!!
Hugs and Kisses!

michelle said...

you where fab to work with.you are a great tonic thank you.

mandy said...

howdy hun...

Wasnt it just the best.. i am dead on mi feet today but i had such a wonderful time with you and anna and annie and that very burnt hawaian?sp on thursday... Thanks for my ickle pressie i love it and for the goodies too..

Checked my baggies and your finsihed bookie is not with me! sorry babe hope you find it...

Wubs you loads and thanks a billion for your wonderful company

jane said...

You silly mare, nobody noticed us until we got told to shut up by mrs grumpy lady and we weren't even that loud. At least we weren't sent to the naughty corner

scrapbookmom said...

That's always my motto when I can't get enough sleep. I can sleep when I'm in the "home". Glad your ok and I wish I could have been to the classes.

Galaxy Girl said...

Hugs, sorry to hear about your unfortunate event, unfortunately your description of your plight is so well written, it made me splurt coffee through my nose (not attractive).

Glad you got to meet Jane, she wonderful.

Kym

Jen said...

Sounds so much fun!! Well, apart from the faint that is - ooh that sounds scary. SOOOO sorry I didn't get there :( Next time, eh!??

Missy said...

Thanks for the update. I have been dying to hear about the Bonanza weekend. Sorry to hear about your fainting spell, but now you will for sure be famous as the lady who passed out at Bonanza! I am going to take a look over at UK scrappers to see if I can find pictures of the yummy projects.

Roz Roz said...

and there was me thinking you fainted cause you where on the scrummy yummy Art from the Heart stand, hee hee, hope your feeling better sweetie, it was fabby meeting you and I can't wait till the next time we are together, oh btw, your classes where fabby, don't care that they where for beginners they where great and you made them a scream. xxx

Cath said...

Gawd! thought I'd replied to this! I'm goin nuts I think lol!

I did have to laugh at you gettin told of for chatting by that lady then her phone rang! hee hee!

What a fantastic weekend! I am SO glad I went it was brilliant to meet up with everyone again - it's the one and only craft event I manage to get to, so it's lovely meeting everyone.