Ladies Camera Club

15 May 2006

Getting Snappy

Whilst I was away this weekend, my Mark gutted the dining area of our lounge to make way for my makeshift studio. Its not my dream studio but it will do. One of our first models was my brother, Leigh, who came to pay a visit on Sunday before he heads off to Qatar for 4 months (boo hoo) and brought his yummo GF Kerry. We love her and we are forcing them to marry cos they look so perfect for each other - do you agree? I actually think that outdoor photography will be more my "thang" but I'll see how I fare with this. Plus I bought a fabulous Wacom graphics tablet at Bonzers which should help with touching up shadows and in my brothers case - perfecting the stupid faces he pulls. Thats if I can get the darn thing to work.
I also spent sunday catching up with snuggles from my belle and putting all my stash away. I hate re-arranging my scrap room because it always takes hours. I have so many little tubs and drawers and boxes full of stuff I promise to use one day. And thats with stuff I bought 2 years ago. There are far too many supplies widely available and not enough time to use it. Still, I get to look at it. and dream one day that all my albums will be full of yummo yumminess and finally use the things I couldnt bear to throw away.
Today I have been catching up on admin and tidying up my scraproom dark corners (places where things get chucked for a rainy day clear up!). Everything is done and I have my first proper photo job tomorrow. All I have to do is get my website up and running and hopefully Ill be able to take some pictures to help pay for a few bits and bobs. I do hear a Nikon D200 calling my name but Im a million miles from that destination. As I have a photography slot in the magazine coming up as regular work - perhaps Nikon (who read my blog everyday) would like to supply me one to test and review and keep. Dream on Kirsty - dream on.
Talking of Mags, my editor emailed me today to thank me for the work I did at Bonanza. But I felt more compelled to thank her - Natalie O'sheas as it was down to her fabulous organisation that the event went more smoothly than last year. Natalie is a bundle of energy and vision and I loved her company - even if it was in short and sharp bursts. I can see her volunteering again for the event but next time Nats - can we have Cadburys chocolate instead of pooey Kit Kats?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My bro the other week told me that his friend tests and reviews cameras ....

Eris said...

Wacom tablets are ace. I used to use mine all the time, but can't have it attached to the laptop within reach of chubby grabbing hands....:( (It's hard enough stopping small sprog from ripping power cables out/putting handprints on screen etc). You'll love it!

domestic goddess said...

nooo, i need galaxy, she is a doll isnt she, and kept smiling, how did she do it
hugs babes

Missy said...

I have heard awesome things about the Wacom tablet but have not yet ventured that way myself. How cool it must be to have a mini studio right in your house. That sounds so cool. Good luck with the Nikon testing....hehehe.

Missy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ams said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ams said...

I'm an outdoor photography person too... well at least a natural light one.. i know barely anything about studio work at all.. and i've done 4 years of art/photography!
lol
xxx

Sue said...

Fab photo :) Yer get them married LOL
If Nikon give you a camera..tell them i am your best friend ;)
Good luck tommorrow..have fun

Jen said...

Now you see, I've been thinking of diversifying into photography, but that's DD's area, and I can't step on her toes :( You'll do a fab job tomorrow luv. Glad you are catching up with huggles!

Sarah (Flo) said...

yum! (your bro!)

I got a wacom tablet for my birthday but haven't even taken it out of the box yet - I'm a little scared of new technology :D