Ladies Camera Club

24 May 2006

CJ-ma-lee-jay

I have about 17,000 Cj's to do and no mojo to complete them with. Everyones work I see is outstanding and I think .... how can I top that? I just can't. Poo bums. Perhaps a kiss from this wee munchkin might cheer me up?
So today? Well, I have done so much work! Plus I looked after my neighbour (who popped in unexpectedly) whose partner died 5 weeks ago. I only found out when one of the women at the post office told me 2 weeks ago. Ive been living next door to Reg and Elaine for almost 3 years and we pretty much keep ourselves to ourselves. I didnt even know Reg had been taken in ill at the hospital but when Barbara, my post mistress, told me he had passed away I almost collapsed. Anyway - after an hours worth of this and that she asked me what I did. I couldn't wait to show off my albums (cos to be honest, nobody else really ever wants to see them) and I think I got Elaine hooked on scrapbooking. I told her that by recording all the good times she had with Reg woud take away some of the sadness and she is so excited about it.
So come on everyone - you too can help spread the scrapbook luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve (but no dodgy home parties. Only Basic Grey and Primas will do!)

8 comments:

Shell said...

Fab photo!! Look at those lips!

Cath said...

Wow! its funny how you can live so close to someone and yet not know what's happening! - what a great thing you've done for her - it should help her focus more on the good times... and HEY! I'd KILL to see your albums lol!

Chrissie said...

I shall get Creative Memories round toute suite to hold a party for me and all my neighbours...we'll be cutting photos into ovals and and hearts before you can say cutting system. Bwaaahaaaahaaaaa!!!

scrapbookmom said...

I'll send all of the loads of Mrs. G's stickers I've got laying around and maybe a patterned paper triangle or 2. Wait...I just forgot my decorative scissors. I'll pack them right up. Tee Hee!!!!

Missy said...

LOL....I love the CM comments. I too can add to the star photos and randomly placed paper strips....but would much prefer BG and Primas.

Pam said...

This is very timely. The sister of one of the girls I work with died suddenly this week, leaving a 13 year old daughter, so when my collegue is back at work I might broach the subject of scrapping her memories, when she is up to it.

mari said...

sounds like you helped a friend in need. you did your good deed for the day!

Jen said...

Gorgeous piccie :) Ditto what Cath said - good on you for getting your neighbour to focus on the good times!