Ladies Camera Club

17 Mar 2006

whats happening with the Challenge so far?

Challenge Update (- details for challenge is on the 10th March entry with links to artwork submitted)

Well we have our first German entry - Im hoping to get le francoise on the case (to be fair we have had a french woman enter but she is based in the uk and add to that a UK based south african lady too) . Just found out we are being watched by ladies on an Asian scrapbooking forum - WOW!!! Now the far eastern ladies know Art ... Im afraid of how mind blowing their stuff will be. Am I prepared for art overload? Oh yes - all you girls have styles you can call your own and deservedly so. PS: we have a Hall of Fame 2006 honourable mention girl in the comp too! **EDITED to add that the scrummy Ms Rhonna Farrer has completed the challenge in the only way we could come to expect right HERE Also darling Klala (effer girl) has supplied artwork (waiting for the link) and Wendy Smedley (Editor of Simple Scrapbooks) is in for the game - how cool is this blogging challenge?

Other Stuff - Guess what blogettes? My mum - who has NEVER EVER scrapped a page in her life has done a page to celebrate this wee party we have going on here. How cool is my mum? Meet Hazel (nut for short!) ... isnt she delectable?

Im trying bit by bit to make her do a book for me, my sis and bro so that we can recall all her joys the way she see's fit. And then Im gonna start on my Dad. Am I a bully? No no no! Am I promoting our heritage? - you bet your ass I am.

Then Im going to force everyone I now in the school playground into doing it. Its shameful that in this digital age where we can afford to be snap happy with our camera that the snaps lay on a "C" drive, in a folder - all alone and forgotten about. This has got to STOP!!

This is part two of my entry to promote the cause. I have already done "I am a mother" and now this is the "I am a Woman". You dont have to do two - I just felt compelled and inspired by all of your work to create another page. So inspired am I that after a quick chat with Clare this morning Im going to drag out the Art Journal she bought me and fill it with selfish yumminess xx

Cath you laterz, beautiful people xx

14 comments:

Zarah said...

My, oh my...! *drools* What a stunning layout! The colours... And the doodles... and the... WOW!!

Your mum is awesome - such a pretty layout! The touch, and feeling for art must be genetic! :)

Rhonna said...

love this Kirsty...it's so free..so artsy!
& I'm loving that doodling!

fab work, my friend!

em said...

good on ya mum!! how cool is that? and i am luuuurving your layout! did you doodle those bits yourself? so clever!!

em said...

ps - i want to email you but i can't find the link (am i being really blind, or do you not have one?!!) can you email me? emily_amber79@hotmail.com

marcilambert said...

just want to say you are freakin' awesome. read the comments you left on my blog and on my two peas layouts. i totally adore you!

Klala said...

count me in, love. I'll get to work tonight!!

greyparrot said...

yay nutty momma bear! Lovin the new page too bubba!

domestic goddess said...

scrummy new page,there really is noe end to your art is there babes, and even Peter commented!!! ,and great doodling Kirky's mum!!!!

Nicola said...

mine is done to http://nicolaclarkes.blogspot.com/
Thanks kirsty.

jolene said...

I love this layout, Kirstles, and your mum is such a peach to do one, too - it's fab!

Jen said...

OOh I thought I commented on this - Yay for your mum!!!

Jackie Hunter said...

Kirsty, The I am Woman LO is Stunning, The doodling is Brilliant!
Jackie x

Lene S said...

Wow! This i so cool! Love your doodling and the flowers and funky colours. Really eyecatching!

Thanks for putting out this great challenge, Kirsty :o) There are so many talented and inspiring scrappers out there..you all inspired me!

Here´s my page: http://minscrapblog.blogspot.com/2006/03/kristys-challenge-scrap-yourself.html

Anne said...

WOW.....I love this...great picture of you and love your swirls!!!! Can't wait to chat soon!!