Ladies Camera Club

8 Mar 2006

Violently Happy

With reference to Bjorks 1992 (?) hit - blummin love that girls music. But why Violent? Well its the closest I could get to Violet - as in these yummy delicious chocolates created especially for the rich and keen. Im neither those but I do squander £2 for a pack of 10 luxury Beeches Violet creams when Im feeling two quiddish. Have you ever tried them? - they are to die for. I can't eat them everyday like I do with Jaffas - Im not rich enough for that yet (where am I getting "yet" from?). But when I have the spare spondooolies and Im craving sugar overload - then these are the babies to hit the spot. You should try one in your lifetime. Its a marmite thing though - you either love em or hate em. Who is in "Team Violet?"

Also - this morning I was very bored (loads of work to do - but bored). I sat watching Lorraine Kelly twiddling with the hoody strings on my hoody. I wear hoodies all the time around the house - they are snug and comfy and smell of Lenor conditioner and Ellie (we schnoozle together of a night time - I love the smell of that kid ... when she is clean!!). Id never paid much attention to my hoody strings until now - OH MY GOD! They are made of twill - pink twill. I never tighten my hood - infact I never wear my hood so no need for hoody strings huh?. So I donnned the hood just to pull the twill out. I looked in the mirror and saw I looked a complete twonk and grabbed my camera and snapped - just for humiliation on my part but hopefully fun on yours. Im gonna make something with that twill - bookmark this space.

And keep those questions rolling - the more bonkers and barking the better!!!! I love the fact you think I get loads of freebies. Im sat her with open (and yet empty) arms!

9 comments:

SuzieG said...

Hi Kirsty, I love your blog, and your work! Just thought I'd share with you that I was once told by a guy in a (very dark) night club that I looked like bjork. He was obviously wearing beer goggles at the time, but it perked me up a bit!

Sweet Shirleen said...

Kirsty, I hope you aren't gona start stalkijng other hoodie wearers to get to their twill!!!
Not sure about violet creams, I like Parma Violets though, so maybe I'll try them!

domestic goddess said...

i cant stand them, yuck, but then i dont do hoodies your jaffas either so it must be a wigan thing ;)

Anne said...

You are MAD.....and that's why I luuurv ya!!!

scrapbookmom said...

Love the hoodie pic...glad I stopped in to visit. You do know that there are easier ways to get twill don't you???? :) Violet chocolate????? What on earth??

Cute Blog by the way!

Jen said...

Twill? In a hoodie? Weird.... I love parma violets too, and those choccies with a little violet on them, but never tasted violet creams. Sounds lush ;)

Jolene said...

You is crazy, sistah!! Twill? In a hoody? Will await your creation, darlington :D - by the way, anything flavoured with violet is just plain WRONG!! YAK!

scrapbookmom said...

If I had a million to give as a prize my dear you would be the royal winner. But, maybe another tag here would be just as good???

Thanks for the visit....was getting lonely over there.

Shell said...

I love violet creams - and now thanks to you have a craving for them - but it's 23:09 and too late to go hunting for some!