Ladies Camera Club

28 Mar 2006

Hooked on Art Journals and Challenge Update

Challenge Update - (please see 23rd march entry for artwork links and details)
Oh did you see Donna Downeys entry for the challenge? Wasnt it fabbo and girly funky foo la-laaaaaa. I love it and her blog entry today was hilarious. I can picture her as she has so much fun writing her blog entry with the funny stories and quips about her amazing creative life. Love her too much. And then my funko yoga dreadlock Oz queen freind (Miss *e*) created something equally as delish but with her usual grunge and cool style - this girl rocks and may I remind you - COMING TO THE UK TO TEACH IN SEPTEMBER. Who is coming? Come on - just who wants to come in September. Let me know. We also had our first Canadian entries today - yahooooo ... thought these girls were boycotting us but they sure made up for the wait with their artwork.... Im grateful and stunned xx

Other Stuff
So Rhonna has the world captivated. Ive dug out my Zig pens and finally going to give them an airing they dreamt of being used for. Ive not finished day two yet becuase my mummy bear has come to stay to keep me cumpo and Ellie adores having her here. Its half past midnight and once this blog-a-roo has been uploaded Im off to create summink delish (**Edited to add - here it is....but it is best viewed if you click on it to go larger. Midnight scrapping is fun!!**). The whole 21 day thing she has started is about breaking habits. Mine is not necessarily breaking a habit - its about making one. My little girl suffers so hard with her condition that its almost impossible to make her happy 100% of the time. She takes life so seriously becuase of the difficulties she has (but thats not to say we dont have fun). So Im thinking of ways to make a wee "ode" to her - to prove that even if 21 days won't work - Im gonna do all i can in that book to get the feelings down and what I hope to do and hope she will do - is to bring some joy through pictures and illustration and ride this wee journey together. Its very hard to explain but I think my freinds know what I mean. Ooooh the things I have swimming in my head right now.........

Also had to upload this picture of the 3 wacko podcasters from Saturday night. We are not mean gangster hoodies all the time - we are quite refined normally however the dark circles under our eyes proves that we are not able to deal with late nights and crazy tomfoolery. Still we managed a smile and Im feeling much better today. Thanks to all my lubbly freidns who ring me up to cheer me up and give me a slap about the face - thats Anna, Annies, Sue and CJH xx PS - Im not a midget .... Sue is really tall, Anna the back cripple is on a chair and im kneeling down in a pot hole xxxx mwahahahahahha

25 comments:

Kelly said...

Kirsty

id love to come to meet the great "e" so put me down and im sure mel would want to come as well so that makes 2 !just let me know where and when :D

hugs for Ellie, i can see exactly where youre coming from and totally understand

hugs
kelly
xxxx

em said...

yeeeeeea!

T:o)ve said...

So glad to see that it wasn't a bad gang, but a real cool one ;o)
You rock!

Anam said...

beautiful. stunning work :)

Eilie is blessed to have a mum who fights for her and loves her so much.

why oh why do i end up missing everything funcky and cool due to ians job....

Ruth said...

Love your page. Love the hearts and swirls. Go you! :-)

banglamarie said...

Beautiful page!!!!!

domestic goddess said...

gorgeous page hun, now to work out how to upload mine!
and yes you are a midget, mwahhahahahah

ArtsyMama said...

Absolutely LOVIN' your art journal girlfriend:) This challenge is so much fun. I'm glad you're sharing in on the journey. Keep up the amazing work!

Erica said...

I love your entry. Your doodling is awesome, and what a great challenge idea~!

Jackie Hunter said...

Great Page Kirsty,
Jackie x

tabitha said...

simply fabulous!!
have a great day!

http://tabithacjones.typepad.com/

Anna Aspnes said...

OMG! Reading your blog is like being back home, which is England for me. Will be back.....

Ferrill said...

Beautiful art journal pages! Nice doodling too.

Lilli said...

I like how you drew pale hearts to create a background on the right page, and Love the wee little "Ellie"

Jen said...

Aw Kirsty it's a gorgeous page for Elle la Belle :wub: (my new French nickname for her...) You girls look like you had such fun and I can't wait to hear the podcast. Gwaaaan - post it!!! Luvs ya x

rhomany said...

OMG Kirsty, this is just stunning. Love what you've done with the quote and it's so, so pretty.

You might be completely barny :P but Ellie is one very lucky little girl to have you fighting on her side.

Andrea said...

so incredible...i love all your doodles...fantastic!

Gina said...

Love your interpretation of the quote. Super artwork.

laura t. said...

just LOVE your hearts and I must get to work on my challenge entry...will have to ck out the celebs you've drawn in...nice work!

twistedsoda said...

you are amazine. Love the hearts, the swirls, the everything!!!

Galaxy Girl said...

Love that entry.

BTW, if you think I have forgotten about the Stamp Galaxy prize for the challenge-a-roo, I haven't just waiting for some bits to come in to go with it.

Thank goodness you are back, I missed your blog over the weekend.

Kym

Christi Snow said...

LOVE what you are doing with your journal, Kirsty! It's fantastic!!!

Sweet Shirleen said...

I'm late but you've inspired me to join in on the 21 day thing,so I'll be days behind you maybe I'll show and tell maybe I won't ;).

Shell said...

Well I have done mine! Primas and doodling included!

Scappy Nina said...

Kirsty - this is just so, so beautiful. Oh and I'd love to come to your September thing and do some bowing down at the feet of genius if there's space!!