Ladies Camera Club

27 Mar 2006

Home Again and Challenge Update

Challenge Update (for details of challenge and links to artwork and sponsor, see 23rd March entry)
Ok - I think the world must have seen Ali Edwards blog by now. Can that girl create or what? I didn't have great access to my e-mail this weekend and it wasn't until I noticed a blog comment from Heather that she said I should check out Ali's blog. Not only is her page just perfection but she also fought our corner girls - she encourages you to scrap yourself along with Rhonna and Cathy and Renee. Its far too exciting for me to contain myself. So do as they say - and scrap yourself. remember there is a huge prize for the winner and the destination of that prize could even be you - Mrs blog reader of New Zealand perhaps???!!

Other News
Oh this weekend was just the ticket by form of relaxation, spending time with Ellie and great company at Anna's. Ellie wore her hair down all weekend - look at her curls (but do feel sorry for me cos brushing them is HIDEOUS work!!). Our friend Sue-baru popped up too for the podcast which I know you are all dying to hear but I think Anna may have lost it because her PC has got a deathly virus. Our only saving grace is that we hope to find it on her website which she uploaded it to (although does not support) The podcast itself was so funny. We geared ourselves up with beer and "Big Bro, taking over the show" - have no idea who sang it but it was so funny we truly developed an attitude and had piccies taken with our hoodies - I look so hard in a pink hoody.. infact I look like I need a good nights sleep. This is just so funny to look at - 3 thirty somethings acting like 15 years olds... class!! I have not laughed so hard for ages and all this stemmed from questions you gave us after we asked you to ask us something on both Anna's and my blog at the beginnning of the month.

We also took the kids to the fair and the park - allowing us to get snap happy with the cameras. I have to say Im not impressed with Apperture priority on the camera right now so excuse the non Tara Whitney style photos and make do with Kirsty Wiseman specials. Ellie had a ball at the park and took practically an hour to eat her ice cream. Saying that I had fun chomping mine and tried to show the kids how its really eaten. And would you believe the chocolate flake was out of date? - I hope cadburys are proud of their customers supplying naff chock to unsuspecting consumers. But what fun in the park we had - I even joined in on the swings and slide and climbing frame but did come a little stuck on the monkey bars and I now ache from head to toe.

I aso attended Anna's crop in Huntingdon and did some serious scrap-a-roo but I cant show you the work as its for A Trip Down Memory Lanes design team. Boo hoo. But I can show you my take on Rhonnas "day 1 of her new 21 day challenge". I got my teeth stuck into this after a problem getting to the post office this afternoon. I had two important bits to get out today but failed to arrive on time because of a stupid argos delivery van parking across the exit of our cul-de-sac. I have been in a foul mood all day and am so sensitive right now. Maybe something to do with hubby not organising a mothers day card for Ellie to give to me nor a phone call from California to wish me happy mothers day and perhaps thank me for being a mum to Ellie. Fortunately, thankfully and gratefully, Anna's hubby had bought me some roses, chocs and a card on Ellies behalf whilst we were cropping but still................ Actually, pretty glad I used red on my art journal this afternoon. It allowed the anger to drain from my soul and onto the red pen I was colouring with. **Good tip for the furure, my lovely artistic freinds!!**

18 comments:

Jolene said...

Your art journal looks beautiful - please bring it with you when next you visit, I'd love to see it. A big {{{{squish}}}} to you - sounds like you need it. xx

T:o)ve said...

So fun to see that you too are joining in on the {21} challenge!
Beautiful entry :o)

I also would like to tell you that your selfportrait-challenge have made me put together my BOM- pages! So no I have my own book ;o)
Thank you for the inspiration!

domestic goddess said...

oh kirsty i had a fab weekend, cant wait to meet up again
big hugs xxxx

Clare said...

love the journal page kirsty - and thank god for annas hubby - on fathers day - he should get the card and pressie from ellie.... ;-)

rhomany said...

love your {21} entry. Those flowers are fab and so very you! And what gorgeous pics of your Ellie :)

Jen said...

Looks like you had a blast! Love the piccies of Ellie, and thank heavens for friends' husbands eh? Can't wait for the podcast.....

Paula said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing the pics.
Red doodles when angry? Sounds familiar ;)but your journaling was totally acceptable for blogs and galleries. :D

em said...

haha - great use of RED...i can see the smoke coming out of your nostrils as i read...MEN SHMEN! who needs em?
at least you have your art! and icecream...

Galaxy Girl said...

Oh swirls, lovely swirls, I want swirls like that.

Loving the flower action too.

Glad you had a great time, find that podcast girl quickly I need it.

Kym
Galaxy Girl

Eminepala said...

You made a beautiful spread for the challenge... If you want to see mine, here is my link http://eminepala.blogspot.com/2006/03/terrible-mess.html
Be carefull, it could disturb your eyes.. Because it's a terrible mess LOL

Emine

Anam said...

love it :) fab quote. pooh about hubby.

Jo said...

Totally luscious journal page Kirsty!!!

Men! *insert rolling eyes here*!

Rhonna said...

Oh, wtg, Kirsty...art *is* therapy, huh?>
& I love your goal...you are wonderful...hope you're feeling better!
hugs!
R

Jackie Hunter said...

WOWWW!!! Kirsty Your entry is Brilliant!
& I'm glad i'm not the only one who gets ice cream all round her chops!! LOL!!

Ferrill said...

Great therapy, huh? Love your journal page, the swirls and flowers. So fresh looking, perfect for the beginning of a challenge!

genevieve said...

art journal and ice cream...
mmm fabulous :)

Di (Spot-On) said...

Great page! Love the icecream photos! Miss those little things about England!
Di

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»