Ladies Camera Club

5 Feb 2006

Happy weekend

.... just watch someone go and pee on my parade tomorrow with something to douse out the light. I know happiness can last a lifetime and I desperately want that for me and ellie and mark but something always crops up to eat away the edges of those golden moments. Anyway - up the beat again now to show you my fabbo altered domino. Meet Delilah Doodle head. I love her. She is my darkest, most wacko thing I have ever made and I truly adored creating her. I drew big gasps as I saw the works of other artits over **here** and thought I could never match their unique styles. But I don't think it is all about competition - its all about expression. Delilah's doodle head represent 5 things that also make me tick. The scissors for crafting, the treble clef for music, the create sign which is overall the jewel in my crown, the flower to represent my most fave embelly and the bell to signify I am first and foremost a mother and wife and will answer to their beck and call. I love working with Tim Holtz inks and ok - I admit I havent exactly gone artsy fartsy (perhaps a little **paper artsy**!!) with it but its still Tim I endorse! Ive pinned delilah on my cupboard in my office because she makes me smile! But I am willing to send her one to someone as a gift.............

My other news. Well I did get picked to be a designer at **A Trip Down Memory Lane** That really did freak me out because when the announcement was made, I had tested a couple of bottles of Budweiser (for medicinal purposes as I have a cold) My head was spinning and I really didnt think I stood a chance because there were quite a good bunch of stuff on the entrants gallery and I thought that because (man, ive said because a million time already) of the magazine work I do that it might go against me. But I want to do it because (grrrr!) I simply love to play with paper. I even play with my serviettes at meal times - ask mark! One dear sweet friend of mine made a runner up and I think she makes a cracking scrapper .... if any editors are reading this, please take her on. Her work is beautiful. her name is Cath and I will supply all the details. Clare Brown also go through but its hardly suprising - her layout is WICKED. I also had two pieces of work accepted for the Basic Grey gallery - the work of which you have seen posted recently on here. Im so glad I can share this news with you. **hello mum**

Also - yesterday, I had made a post but blogger was being a bit naughty. Yes you were, weren't you blogger pogger nogger? It was to shout from the rooftops with glee that I had received a wonderful gift from a wonderful bloggette of mine (later found out it was Debbie - she is on my blog list to the left here). You know I posted the fact I wanted a book (see below). Well the daft minx went and bought me it. So I promise this. As I am a firm believer in Karma and the "Pay it forward" notion ... I will finish reading this hilarious book and pass it on to debbie. I will doodle and write little notes on it and she has to do the same and pass it on again. I want everyone with a wicked sense of humour to share in my joy. So thank you debbie - you un-selfish, kind hearted soul xxxx

PS - How could I forget? Poo bums. I also got through to the final of The Homegrown Scrapbook's TKO compo (click pics to enlarge - they are a bit small) - actually along with 3 other british girls...... Amberjane, Frenchie and Mei-Lei. I dont think for one minute we will get through "as visiting Brits" and no detrement to the other girls work either. Its just a hunch that they will no doubt (and quite rightly so) choose one of their own. But man o man. I had done so much work for that round but one of my fave pieces was the challenge on altering a buff file using either Travel, Love or Inspiration as a theme. I chose Elsie as my inspiration and here she is - my lovely wee Elsie cake. I hope she likes it cos Im sending her it. Do you think if I put "Elsie Brilliant knickers, Springfield, Missouri" that she will receive it?
PPS - I am also freaking out over Tara Witneys new set of pics. I want to be HER. I have to be. Who knows who can clone me into Tara?
Anyone?

8 comments:

Kate said...

Why would you want to be Tara when we all wanna be YOU???

Kate

Paula said...

Pure genius! Congratulations! :)

domestic goddess said...

well done hun on both competitions, well deserved, i absolute love teh elsie files, she will love it, cant wiat to see my bday pressie now with all this fab talent you are producing *wink wink*

Shell said...

Love that file!!

mandy said...

ooh missses... check you out.. congrats you deserve every last bit of it and the elsie files are fabby if she dont love it i will eat my hat..

Jen said...

You daft moo! I'm so glad I can read your blog and you can lift me out of my ex-induced depression :) Gotta love Elsie's stuff - she'll love what you've made. As for Tara, you can't be cloned as her cos I've already made that request, so there :)

Elfin said...

Kirsty you earned a well deserved place on that design team. Love your file folder. Can you bottle some of your talent and send it to me please :)

Cath said...

Thanks Kirsty, really appreciate that!