Ladies Camera Club

24 Jan 2006

Just love my stinky trainers.....

This is a layout I entered in the first round of a competition this weekend. The task was to include a "lace up" on the project and I felt inclined to do a layout about my beloved Reebok Classics. They stink to high heaven but are the most comfiest and scrumptious trainers I have ever posessed. I spent ages thumbing through all 700+ papers to see which would match the photos and Blonde Moments seemed the perfect marriage. I wubs Dyan cos she gave me extra so I could make fabbo stuff for her and I hope she likes this one. As the competition is based in America - I hope it gets the profile she deserves. She is bringing out another range of colours - ones that you will adore but I won't spoil the suprise for you until she launches at Stitches in February.
I did my first paint can today - for a birthday swap. I cannot wait for Caroline to get it because I know she will love it. I used my bestest fringing and ribbons on it and worked my arse off trying to perfect it. I won't post the picture up until I know she has received it because the surprise is for her initially. I think I could get heavily into these but our haberdasheries sell the most crappest of trimmings. I buy most of mine in the US - at walmart and micheals cos they is cheaporama. I want a bud from america to lavish me with wonderful cheapo trinkets such as ribbons, papers and trimmings because unless you have a penchant for fat tassles and twisted cords (a la velour sofa trims) then paint cans are sure gonna look pants if this is the style we have to adapt to.
peace out dudes - and by the way, how are you lot getting on with my "The miniscule picture" (as opposed to the Big picture!!!!!). Tee hee, just kidding Donna.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Oh I just LUVS it. It's gorgeous, fabby, wonderful... Wish I could do that :(

Clare said...

I cant wait to see the can - and I truly hope the new BM papers are BLUE!! or brown, or maybe green...... but something other than pink or purple please Dyan!!

Kate said...

Only you could take a pair of smelly trainers and create such a gorgeous piece of art ...

By the way, you've been tagged!

Kate

Caroline said...

I just got the paint can Kirsty and it's so gorgeous, thank you doesn't do it justice hun.
Please can I use your piccie of it cos I haven't sussed my camera out yet and just know your piccie will be fab.
thank you,thank you,thank you xxx

amberjane said...

Gorgeous can babes and you have been tagged again !! LOL