Ladies Camera Club

7 Jan 2006

The gym and fish and chips

I totally larded out over christmas. I was like a hoover with teeth. I scoffed choc, mince pies and pringles like they were going out of fash. I nibbled and munched and licked and grazed on anything remotely savoury and sweet. The cupboards are now bereft of anything grabbably instant and have resorted to almost scoffing dried pasta in order to dispell my hunger.

This morning on goes the black cords I bought 2 months before christmas and they are tighter than a pair of stretch jeans on an elephants stumpy leg. I lay down on the bed tugging at the zip - absolutely determined they were going to fit when I lost the ability to contract my diaphragm and almost killed myself from panic.

DIET!!! (DH keeps singing, to the tune of the Kaiser Chiefs... I predict a diet, I predict a diet). So after dropping Belle off at school I came home and had a pastrami sandwich (needed the carbohydrates for impending visit to the gym this very evening) followed by 4 burtons chocolate tea cakes and a cup of tea (no sugar and skimmed milk - so surely evened it all out). Lunchtime came ......... nibblies. I craved nibbly nibbletons so i warmed some of last nights chinky up. Afterall, it was leftovers and nay we don't like to waste food in this household. The chinks was followed by another couple of burtons chooco bix and another slug of tea.

Throughout the day I kept looking in the mirror thinking I looked quite slim considering the amount of work i was going to do at the gym tonight. This thought was rewarded by a chocolate off the tree (its going down tomoz, stop panicking). Then came gym time! I beat myself to a pulp for an hour and 10 minutes and decided that it was not a good night for beans on toast - chippy chips were beckoning and I had earned it, hadn't I?

When I step on the scales in the morning and I havent lost 2 stone then Im quitting the diet and maybe consider eating my bazzill off cuts - which at the moment looks very, very tempting.

4 comments:

amberjane said...

Kirsty you mad women - You know Diet is just Die with a "T" at the end LOL

Jen said...

Crazy woman! I'm feeling very virtuous as I am avoiding the nibbles but just had one square of dark chocolate and 5 almonds. Yum and just enough to take the edge of the munchies. The dietitian said so. I am tempted by the Bazzill offcuts though...

Kate said...

If no-one actually sees you eat it, it has no calories ...

Kate

Jennie said...

LOL, you're a crazy woman!! Try patterned paper, it's slightly easier on the digestion!!